We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Coast was not calm today!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
West Coast was not calm today!

Check out this link for the stormy sea on the normally "calm" West Coast

…pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx…

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

Wow thanks for posting that Scary, they certainly were impressive waves!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

Take a look at this link also; nationnews.com/articles/…

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

We all know this is our hurricane season,can we see some photos of the South coast on a daily basis? Silver Sands etc.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

Your point being?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

Jetskiman,

All the photos are from newspapers which we don't control or have any influence over. So since you're in Barbados maybe you could go down to the South Coast, take some pictures and post them on this site then we can see them. According to the NationNews the seas are going to remain stormy for a little while.

Much like bpfife what is your point?

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

Yesterday in Sixmen's St Peter, there was sand all over the road from where the sea had gotten so rough. Joyann who fries the food at Braddies bar in Sixmens had to run from the waves as they went as far as the rum shop!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

I live on the South Coast (near Rockley Beach) and the wave action today is about the same as usual.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

That's really amazing. Any damage to hotels in the area, and is there any indication whether it will help or hurt the beach erosion situation?

Livingston, West...
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

I was due to go out in the Harbour Master Cruise on 23rd Sept and it was cancelled in the morning because they said there was going to be stormy weather. Was absolutely gutted as they only sail on a Thursday and we were going home the following Thursday so missed it. The girl on the phone said they were expecting heavy swells and didn't want to take the boat out as it would probably make us all sick. Thought it was just an excuse but low and behold by the time evening came the wind had got up and the sea quite choppy so I was glad it was cancelled - don't fancy being out on the Harbour Master in the middle of a storm!! Will just need to try and book it the next time we are in Barbados and hope the sea is calm!!!

barbados
Level Contributor
334 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: West Coast was not calm today!

I took a walk down to Holetown today - the West Mall Shopping Centre /Supercentre/Diamonds International was closed due to flooding around 9.30 am this morning, and parts of the road were full of debris, mud and water etc - a building (I think a Drs. Surgery) a couple of doors down from Discovery Bay was completely flooded right down to the sea. The Sunset Crest park beside me is now a lake! Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me to take some pictures but my advice would be to stay dry indoors if you can!