We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Airport Layout, Please

Virginia
Level Contributor
536 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Airport Layout, Please

A group of related ladies are meeting Oct 9 for a "Goddard" reunion (our Grandmother born and raised in Barbados) I arrive an hour after six others and would like to know of a spot where I can tell them to meet me in the airport - perhaps a nice bar area where they can try the rum before I arrive, or a shop area - something that they can spend an hour enjoying.

Unfortunately I will not have a phone as mine was just stolen and am using a cheapo without international call feature until I figure out what I want , etc. Will have my laptop though but probably no one else will! (so I can check on home, etc.)

I looked on the airport site and names were not given, just the fact there were restaurants and shops. Any good suggestions from those in the know? It will be around 1:30 -2:30 in the afternoon - everyone arriving from very early flights in the states.

Thanks so much! We are all looking so forward to this trip (8 of us) and seeing our Grandmom's homeland.

Gracie

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Airport Layout, Please

well.. depending on the time, there is a little bar to the right of the arrivals hall (heading towards the departures area) where the group can get a drink and wait, but they would then need to wonder back over the arrivals hall to meet you.. trust me.. the airport isn't that big that you will be missed and there is seating just out side the hall as well.

the could walk across the road the either Pug or Frankies, but if whether anyone will have time for any of that really depends on Immigration, baggage and customs.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Airport Layout, Please

In the departures lounge (land side), opposite Chefette there is a cafe called Cafe Blue (I think). This serves drinks and is easy to spot. It is not inclosed however, just a seating area with a bar. The departures area is very easy to access once you have arrived, once outside from arrivals turn right and pass the Chefette. 20 second walk if that!

Enjoy the reunion!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
536 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Airport Layout, Please

Thanks Sunnie and Glitter - I imagine they will go through customs, immigration and then wait for me...by then perhaps my US Air will arrive (I believe they are on AA)

So between the two spots I guess we can figure it out...esp if the airport is not that big --I will probably hear them hootin and hollerin'!

They are just relying on me to tell them what to do so of course I just turn to my info source; here on TA! On the good side, my research yields me drinks as payment!

We've been working on this since last fall so now it is l0 days away we are all very excited and hoping the weather will cooperate; and we'll see sunsets on a beach somewhere.

Bt the way, we are in Wesport near Porters and hope we can just walk onto a beach - possible? I heard they were all public but one must find a "way" to get on the beach. We leased "Villa Horizons" and is supposedly ~1km from beach. We do have one cousin going a day or two early for reconnaissance.....hopefully she will check that out but if you have any suggestions, I am listening. Thanks so much!

worthing, sussex uk
Level Contributor
169 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Airport Layout, Please

Last time i waited around in the airport we spent the time in an open bar area which is probably the Cafe Blue bar mentioned by Glittergirl. Serves a nice cold Banks beer so you can all get into the Barbados mood. The airports very small so none of you will be confused as to where its located.

World
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Airport Layout, Please

I agree with glittergirl and skymanpaul - Cafe Blue is a great central meeting point and you won't have trouble finding your friends there.

Virginia
Level Contributor
536 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Airport Layout, Please

Cafe Blue it is! So if anyone is at the airport on l0/9 you'll see me looking for a cold brew!

Thanks for the help everyone!

Gracie

7. Re: Help with Airport Layout, Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2011, 06:38