We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic table in the sand

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic table in the sand

We'll be in Barbados in a couple of weeks and are excited about dinner one evening at Mullins Restaurant. Last visit in July, the owner, Brett, told us about an option for dinner -- they set a table in the sand with torches, etc. -- very romantic. They have a special menu and it needs to be reserved in advance.

So while we are on the island, we are going to do this and I will report back. We're also taking lots of pictures. I will review here and also on my site at: www.barbadostips.com where you will get to see lots of pictures also.

This is a wonderful opportunity for people looking for something unique and memorable for their trip.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic table in the sand

Good idea, i'm sure there was someone on here a couple of weeks ago looking for this very thing.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic table in the sand

I think the idea is quite romantic but I'd be constantly worrying about what was biting my ankles lol! All those sandflies at night! - mmmm think I will stick to the likes of Spago, Fishpot, Lone Star etc where you can sit and enjoy the Ocean but on the decking. I will be intetested to hear how you find it Lois.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic table in the sand

Sandflies only catch you at sundown once its dark they leave you alone!! I'm sure there will be no shortage of takers for the romantic option.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic table in the sand

The also have seating overlooking the sea in their restaurant where we have been previously. It's just that this additional option is interesting and lots of people enjoy something like that.

We always spray ourself with bug spray wherever we at night go as we know there are things out that bite.

So it kind of depends on what you are looking for, I know, but throughout the Caribbean you will see photos of tables like this in the sand, so I'm glad it's possible in Barbados.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic table in the sand

Sounds great - is there a surcharge for this?

Ontario
Level Contributor
719 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic table in the sand

I hope they don't set the table up under the webcam... a cozy romantic dinner for two... and all us addicts watching them. lol

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic table in the sand

LOL - 'Big Brother Barbados!'

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic table in the sand

Lol Acton how funny!

9. Re: Romantic table in the sand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2011, 06:39