We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from a week's stay in Barbados

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Back from a week's stay in Barbados

We got back on Saturday, 23 October from one week on the island. Weather was perfect with only a couple of passing showers - we just went to another area of the island where it was perfect.

Stayed at our timeshare at Plum Tree Club - Rockley, and also 3 nights at Cobblers Cove. Both were great experiences. At Cobblers Cove we were really pampered again. I will write a hotel review shortly.

This visit we enjoyed Carlisle Bay daily -- it is now our favorite beach. A long crescent with soft white sand and calm waters. A great beach for all. Great snorkeling offshore at the wrecks as well. I stayed in the shallow water and one day counted 20 turtles swimming past me, so you don't need to go way out to see them.

Excellent food at the restaurants we visited. Enjoyed the new Naru for the first time. It had been open 7 weeks and is run by Barry Taylor (former Executive Chef at Southsea). He and his wife, Lisa started this new venture - all asian fusion and small plates. Fantastic.

Also enjoyed Champers twice, The Tides, Cobblers Cove, and tried Raggamuffins in Holetown for the first time -- very tasty food and reasonably priced.

One highlight was our table in the sand with torches at Mullins Restaurant. It's something special the restaurant can do on request - they have a specially priced menu for this. It was very romantic. Food was fantastic, and the service was excellent. Great breezes by the sea too. Something people wanting a special experience should consider. I will review more later.

For more of my reviews and photos you can look at my site at www.barbadostips.com I will be updating that shortly.

Got to visit several island friends also. It went by way too quickly. Now we need to plan our return in 2011.

Lois & George

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from a week's stay in Barbados

Glad you had a nice trip Lois. I agree about Carlisle Bay, we did the same thing during our New Year's trip as quite a lot of the time the west coast was very wavy. It really is a gorgeous beach and so big that even on cruise days it doesn't affect it too much. Interesting to hear about your Mullins beach experience, glad you enjoyed that too. Emma

liverpool
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from a week's stay in Barbados

Hi Lois,

Your trip sounds great....do you mind me asking how much it cost for the meal at Mullins?

My boyfriend very kindly booked us a trip in January and that sounds like something i could plan as a suprise for him while we are there.

thanks

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from a week's stay in Barbados

Glad you had another great trip Lois, that is a good tip about the table at Mullins, I didn't know they did that.

4. Re: Back from a week's stay in Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:18