We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Barbados - Donations

North Bay
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Topic
Heading to Barbados - Donations

We are heading to Barbados arriving on Dec. 1st. Would like to make a small donation to help people rebuild their homes and to assist the local animal shelter with their costs as well . Perhaps someone could post information listing places that will accept donations.

Thanks.

northbay

Brodheadsville...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Barbados - Donations

We are going this week (Friday the 5th) staying in Gibbs, St Peter. I will enquire and get what information is available out to you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Barbados - Donations

I also made an inquiry with the Nation News and a friend who runs a charity on the island, when -- or if, I hear anything I will also post information. It's important to support a reputable charity. (Unfortunately, there's so much potential for fraud.)

BB

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Barbados - Donations

Why don't you go out in the community and select the person you would like to make the donation to...someone you determine that could use assistance. No fraud and I believe it would make you feel confident as to exactly where your generous donation went. I imagine you may just make someones day.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Barbados - Donations

if you want to pm me and let me know where you are staying I will be able to give you your local MP's phone number and they usually have surgeries. I'm sure anyone dropping in a cheque donation would be met with open arms - they will give you a receipt on request. Then you know the money is going where it should. There are also constituency council who have their fingers on the pulses of who needs most. Much appreciated guys!!

5. Re: Heading to Barbados - Donations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 06:50