We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south coast, the gap, barbados 2010

scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
south coast, the gap, barbados 2010

can anyone tell me if the carib bar is open christmas eve/day and

what other places are open round and about the gap over christmas and new year

Edited: 14 November 2010, 10:22
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: south coast, the gap, barbados 2010

I seem to remember asking the owner of Carib Beach Bar that questions once and he said the only day they close is Christmas Day.. but, next time I see he or his wife on the beach I'll ask again.

Christmas Day is one of those holidays in Barbados were almost everything shuts and those places that don't are gas stations and hotels.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: south coast, the gap, barbados 2010

Wth Christmas Eve falling on a friday I would expect the island to be absolutely buzzing but Christmas Day is a different matter see local press for details. Most of us will be resting and eating Christmas Day!!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: south coast, the gap, barbados 2010

The only day of the year that Carib Beach Bar DOESN'T open is Christmas Day - this comes straight from the owner. (info give to me this week, just wanted to update). So one can assume..open Christmas Eve, Closed Christmas Day, open Boxing Day (26Dec)

scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: south coast, the gap, barbados 2010

thanks for this, I am sure they deserve the day off!

I am now counting the days - 27 - until Im on the beach again. its snowing here in Scotland and freezing!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: south coast, the gap, barbados 2010

The Reggae Lounge is usually open on Christmas Day evening but I doubt really anywhere much else in the Gap. Everything should be open as normal on Christmas Eve.

6. Re: south coast, the gap, barbados 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2011, 06:17