We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

Come winter 2011, visitors from northern England can enjoy direct flights to Barbados from Newcastle International Airport.

Thomson Airways will be offering this service to Thomson and First Choice customers with flights now available for early bird bookers and prices starting from £679 per person.

Call 0871 231 4787 to secure your direct flight from Newcastle International to Barbados for winter 2011!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

Good news but prices are expensive!!!

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

Maybe a little but if people are having to go to London or Manchester from Newcastle to travel to Barbados then I think I would consider this for ease.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

Your right I have friends from near Glasgow and York who would welcome this venture.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

Be interesting to see which planes they use- flying with them to Egypt for 5 and a half hours was pretty dire.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

I live right beside Newcastle but I wouldnt consider paying almost £200 more for the convenience! Unless prices reduce I will continue to fly out of Manchester and get the train direct into the airport!

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

Hi, Carole911

Where can I get a return flight to Barbados for under £500,Flights from Gatwick tend to be cheaper then Manchester so i'm suprised.....if i could get a flight for under £500 return i would consider booking my accommodation direct

Kind regards

Paul

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

Clarky

Plenty of flights at under £500 ...IF ... you can be flexible with your dates

Fly CRC recently Emailed me £479 between 10 th Jan and 31st March and I believe you can do this price with BA direct

But at peak times ...when I forced to fly ( wife in education system) then they are double or more

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

I agree, I just paid £438 for my flight (from LGW) - granted that was "miles and money", but nevertheless they are there if you a) are flexible and b) catch them at the right time eg sales etc.

I think Thomson will mainly serve the package holiday market as I can't see many independent travellers booking onto a charter flight - especially if they cost more than a scheduled flight with an airline like Virgin or BA!

Having said that, I don't think it can do any harm to travellers, bringing in a bit of competition!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

There maybe windows of opportunity if their flights are not fully booked that there are last minute reductions we will have to see. Unlike Virgin from Manchester where you may get an offer otherwise the best price is booking well in advance. I'm watching with anticipation!! Also taking into consideration the extra tax Mr Cameron's government have added for travelling to the caribbean.

Edited: 30 November 2010, 16:06
Donni
Level Contributor
453 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights from Newcastle to Barbados begining winter 2011

Thomsons are also doing Manchester and Birmingham.

They are flight only not package holidays.