We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

Hi

We are heading to Barbados again soon ,we are looking at going to the Atlantis for the buffet lunch on the Wednesday,after visiting St Nicholas Abbey .My Sister and niece are also coming on holiday and have never visited Barbados before so we were wondering What the buffet had to offer.

Are there any roasted meats and how about salads ?

We love Bajan food and I am sure my Niece will love it,however my sister is the fussy one and is not keen on fish or any seafood .So would there be enough options for her ?

Any ideas what time the Buffet begins and ends ?

Thankyou

Edited: 07 January 2011, 20:32
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,622 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

Not to worry. We have enjoyed ourselves immensely each time and some of our friends don't like fish but there was chicken, beef, salads, veggies, soups etc plus desserts of course. All accompanied by wine or whatever you like. I'm sure everyone will have something they like.

Don't worry be happy as someone once wrote.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

Thank you Canby

She will be happy with beef and chicken and of course the deserts

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

Alot of people come to Barbados and don't like fish I was one of them but the fish out here is so fresh and some of it tastes like steak. There would also be macaroni pie and probably creamy cheese potatoes so even if your sister doesn't like the local fish by the time she gets to The Atlantis she certainly won't leave hungry!!! Enjoy!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

Sorry to jump in on your post rkaty. Hope you don't mind!

I'm wondering if it is necessary to make a reservation for the Wednesday buffet lunch. I'll be there early February and in a party of 4 or 6.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

I would book as it has been very busy each time we have been, I am not sure you would have got a table without a reservation, especially for a larger no. We also enjoy a table outside overlooking the ocean so if that would be your choice worth requesting too.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,622 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

Basically anytime you want to go to either Atlantis or the Fishpot it's advisable to make reservations. That way you won't be disappointed by a "sorry we're full".

Enjoy

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

Butterfly Sue ,I agree about the fish but at present my sister just will not believe me:-)

We are also taking her to the fish fry and she has said she will try a bit of mine,She has been put of fish by tinned fish you can buy in supermarkets and that horrible yellow fish our Mother used to cook in milk when we were children(it was truly awful and I have no idea what fish it was )

It will just be nice to have a standby in case she has been won over by the Wednesday lunch time .

So thank you for all the reply's I shall be making a reservation as there will be five of us .

rkaty

York
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

We are very keen to try the lunch at the Atlantis. Do we need to book before we leave the UK or can we do it when we are there?

We will be in Barbados at the beginning of March.

Thanks.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,622 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

Post 6 has you're answer. As to the when, that's up to you. If you're comfortable with waiting until you arrive that's up to you. You're going in the busy season.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch Buffet at The Altantis Hotel

The buffet also includes a superb pepperpot which I believe has beef and chicken in it. The pumpkin fritters are also available. She can easily get by without having fish but she should try it. They have a seafood stew/caserole dish that's really good.

If you're going to Oistens the Marlin might be a good first time fish for her, it looks harmless to a first-timer.