We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding advice required!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
wedding advice required!!

hi please help! We are planning to marry in Barbados at end of 2011 and too many choices! There would only be the 2 of us, and looking for somewhere we can stay for 2 weeks that is either all inclusive or half board at minimum. Cant quite afford Sandy lane unfortunately, but could go up to a few thousand each for somewhere clean, classy as possible, pretty and memorable.

Ideas so far are Waves, Colony Club and have read good things about Bougainvillea hotel but cant decide and want to make right choice!

Wedding wise we would like a small service with photography in a garden gazebo with perhaps a pretty beach setting close by, maybe even a beautiful sunset..............happy to travel with photographer to another setting to get additional photos if necessary.

any ideas on somewhere quality and romantic with good food and accomodation that wont break the bank but equally will feel more special than the normal vacation?

Any advice appreciated! Been through so many ideas such as Bahamas, St Lucia, Aruba and now cant help but feel Barbados is the one as I have been before and loved everything!

Thanks!

Edited: 13 January 2011, 21:02
New York
Level Contributor
588 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding advice required!!

We got married two years ago at The Crane. While it is not AI, I think they have meal plans. We got married in front of a white arch covered with flowers, on a cliff with Crane Beach in the background. There were 13 friends from home, as well as some guests we met there, who came to watch the ceremony. A friend from home was our photographer, but all else was arranged by The Crane. We loved it there so much that the week after the wedding we bought at The Crane. The Crane is in a more secluded part of the island, but it is really beautiful and the units are spacious and elegant. Less $ than Sandy Lane, but not cheap.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding advice required!!

thankyou for your advice I will check it out!

Barbados
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding advice required!!

The Colony Club is a little smaller hotel than the Bougainvillea Beach Resort and therefore feels more intimate. The CC is also on the West coast and so enjoys the sunsets. BBR is on the South and is in the 'Gap' where the majority of the nightlife is, should you feeling like going out.

I'd recommend going half board, renting a car and seeing more of the Island than just the hotel grounds. Try some different restaurants, drink in a rum shop (or two!) and explore the East coast.

You could also try a small hotel like Little Good Harbour, which is quieter and more secluded. Although its only a B&B it does have the Fish Pot as its restaurant and you can also eat at their sister hotel; The Atlantis on the East coast.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding advice required!!

Have you looked at Little Arches small boutique hotel. Has an excellent restaurant i'm not sure if they offer half board or not.

5. Re: wedding advice required!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2012, 07:17