We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amaryllis or Bougainvillea?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Amaryllis or Bougainvillea?

Which of these hotels would you recommend for a first-time visiting couple? We were going to stay at the Accra, but it's become unavailable through our booking agency. We liked the fact that the Accra was close to a lot of shops and restaurants...which of these other two properties would be a good substitute? I've read the reviews on both, and they seem comparable.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amaryllis or Bougainvillea?

If it was my choice I would choose Bougainvillea, accommodation is very nice etc. and it's closer to many restaurants and nightlife....Amarylis is a little further (not much) out!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amaryllis or Bougainvillea?

Of those two - Bougainvillea would be my choice too. It's a lovely resort on a lovely beach. Well set up for self catering too.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amaryllis or Bougainvillea?

I would definitly choose Bouganvillea. We just returned, and while in Barbados checked out the Amaryllis. Very nice hotel, beautiful grounds and facilities, however the beach was not good. Very shallow, and coarse sand. The Bouganvillea has IMHO one of the nicest beaches in the area. If you do decide with going there, I would recommend staying away from the deluxe rooms, as they can be a bit noisy (ajoining rooms, proximity to the pools and bar)..

4. Re: Amaryllis or Bougainvillea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 08:21