We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean 2 barbados

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ocean 2 barbados

Hi,

Im looking to stay on dover beach as my friend will be having her wedding in a hotel near here. Ocean 2 showed up in the search. Im always weary of new hotels and i was wondering if anyone has stayed there, I would like to know what the hotel rooms and facilities are like. Im struggling to find any reviews as its a new hotel. Also If anybody could recommend a site that has reviews for this hotel this will be great.

Laura.x

Montreal
Level Contributor
739 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

I believe Ocean 2 is a condo with weekly rentals and not a hotel.

One of the DEs may be able to confirm.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

Why don't you have a look at Escape at the Gap or Southern Palms hotels, both highly recommended and right on Dover beach.

Christ Church
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

Ocean Two is a condo-hotel which are fully functional hotels. The condo part means that you can buy a unit but they are put back in the rental pool and the hotel rents them.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

This place is in the process of opening so not sure many will have had the change to stay there as yet hence the lack of reviews - it is however very nice and well worth considering I'd say.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
414 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

Saphire Beach condo is right on Dover Beach and they have rentals as well as sales.

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

Stayed at the Ocean 2, St Lawrence Gap from June 4 - June11. We had been booked in Palm Beach I but got a call that Palm Beach I was closed from renovations from June 1, 2011 - Oct 1, 2011. All Palm Beach I bookings were transferred to Ocean 2. It was a very pleasant surprise. Ocean 2 is brand new having just opened on May 28th. We were booking in a very well appointed 1 bedroom unit, ocean front. Everyone working at Ocean 2 couldn't have been nicer. Danny, who I assume was the manager, came to the room to make sure we knew how everything worked. Being that we were the first folks staying in that room there were a few minor things that needed to be corrected and they were on them within minutes of calling. Full maid service was provided daily. Being that the place was new there were not a lot of people staying there so there was plenty of very comfortable loungers available around the pools. Three pools each with a different depth, 3ft, 4ft and 5 ft. Everything in St. Lawrence gap was within walking distance. We rented a car but determined that we did not have to since buses ran down Highway 7 just outside the gap. I believe airport transfers to and from Ocean 2 are about 45 dollars Barbados currency. Enjoyed eating at Bert's sports bar and Just Grillin. Loved the ice cream at Chilly Moo's. Ocean 2 has a restaurant but we did not eat there. They also have a gym with some weight equipment, elipticals and treadmills, This place is not a timeshare. It is a condo-hotel were the units are for sale. During the week we stayed there we were not approached once about going to a sales presentation. Very nice and relaxing stay!

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

Good to have a review for Oceans 2 have you posted it in the Hotel/Apartment section?

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

It looks like a real nice place but it's not exactly on Dover Beach, but they do have their own small stretch of beach between Dover and Maxwell beaches.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

The beach is called White Sands beach, but has been also called Dover beach and Rainbow beach. It is my favourite beach, nice and quiet, not too many people on and my favourite bar is on it !!

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
68 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean 2 barbados

Just got back from Barbados. Went and had a look at Ocean 2. It looked very nice, right on the beach. There is also a pool and sunbeds steps from beach. Couple of minutes walk to either Dover or St Lawrence Gap. 5 mins walk to main road to buses which take you to Bridgetown, Oistins etc.... I'd definately give it a try.