We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced hotels?

US
Level Contributor
145 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced hotels?

We are in the early stages of planning a trip to Barbados for December, and I've been trying to locate a nice hotel for $200/night or less without much luck. Any recommendations for hotels that are walkable to the beach and also to restaurants and bars? I've had some luck finding apartment rentals but would prefer a hotel with maid service and amenities. Thank you!

1. Re: Reasonably priced hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 14:35
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced hotels?

Try Pirate's Inn in Hasting - Clean, nice staff and within walking distance of great beaches and nightlife.

London, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced hotels?

Southern Palms Hotel on the South Coast, in St Lawrence Gap. Literally located right on the beach and within easy walking distance of all the bars and restaurants in the Gap, sounds as though it's just what you're looking for.

http://www.southernpalms.net/resort/home.html

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonably priced hotels?

I'm a big fan of Southern Palms but I think you might find it out of your price range in December - worth checking it out though as it is very nice. I'd suggest Pirates Inn too - much cheaper, with self catering facilities, small pool and bar etc - not beach front but very close to the beach and the south coast boardwalk. There are some hotels/guest houses in The Gap/Dover which are near Southern Palms and which should be cheaper eg Rostrevor, Maresol etc but I think you'll find it easier to decide if you want to be on the south coast or the west coast first!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonably priced hotels?

Try Coral Mist...Right on the beach, very close to many many restaurants, can walk to the grocery store. Not fancy, but, we loved it!!!

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonably priced hotels?

I would also recommend Blue Orchids or Coral Mist (sister hotels), close to amenities and on or next to the beach.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
387 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonably priced hotels?

Hi, I think Allamanda Beach, in Hastings, has a GREAT location with a very very convenient rate.

That's my opinion about my recent stay ( I apologize, the review is in Italian, but maybe you can use Google translator)

tripadvisor.it/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

US
Level Contributor
145 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonably priced hotels?

thanks!!

9. Re: Reasonably priced hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 00:17