We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young couple looking for great all-inclusive in Barbados

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Young couple looking for great all-inclusive in Barbados

We are in our early to mid 20s and looking for a great place to stay in Barbados when we visit in early July!

The purpose of our trip will mostly be for relaxation, but I also am looking for an all-inclusive that can offer water sports (snorkeling, waterskiing would be a plus), etc. We don't plan on participating in the Barbados nightlife every night, but the ability to venture out somewhere fun (bars with live music, etc.) 2-3 times would be great.

I have been focusing my research more recently on the Holetown area since those resorts have a lot to offer in terms of activities. Crystal Cove and Mango Bay are both within our price range. I like that the Crystal Cove allows you to visit the other Elegant Resorts, but Mango Bay is also running a 7th night free special.

I also was looking at the St. Lawrence Gap area. I've heard mixed reviews about the Almond Casuarina. I also saw the Turtle Beach resort.

Any suggestions???

Edited: 04 March 2011, 16:23
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young couple looking for great all-inclusive in Barbados

Mango bay for it's location it will suit your needs.......

There is not a great deal of All inclusives in Barbados, i tend to go All inclusive myself,but it's worth asking yourself why there is a lack of them compared to other Caribbean islands?

Easy to get about the Island ( lots to see )

Excellent restaurants

Developed

relative safety

All inclusives started in off in Jamaica,as safety was a ' Big ' issue for ' Tourists ' .

In Barbados this is not the case,so opt for All inclusive on preference rather then necesity

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young couple looking for great all-inclusive in Barbados

If you are wanting watersports, your best bet will be the west coast as the sea is normally calmer than the south coast. I am not sure what is included in Crystal Cove rates, but Almond Beach Village includes non motorised watersports and 1 water ski per day. For the widest choice of nightclubs, you would need to venture to the south coast, a taxi would cost approx BDS$80 from Holetown.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Young couple looking for great all-inclusive in Barbados

I think that Turtle Beach would be the ideal choice for you.

The hotel is great and set on a nice beach. The sea can get a bit rough at times but they also have 2 nice swimming pools and the hotel also offers a selection of free watersports too.. Has for getting out to have some fun it's perfect because you are only a short walk away from St. Lawrence gap where you will find plenty of bars to keep you busy!!

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Young couple looking for great all-inclusive in Barbados

The West Coast is beautiful and Almond Beach Village sounds like a great fit for you.

In addition to the watersports mentioned above, they also include banana boat rides.

If you want to experience the nightlife, you can always take the free shuttle to Almond Casuarina Beach, have dinner and then you can take a short walk to the St. Lawrence Gap area for the nightlife.

Barbados is a beautiful island and a great choice for a vacation. I highly recommend you try at least one of the island tours. And if you like snorkeling, you should definitely try the swimming with the turtles tour. It is my personal favorite.

Hope this information was helpful.

5. Re: Young couple looking for great all-inclusive in Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 20:18