We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

notts
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

Check this one out.....a much welcomed/needed addition to Barbados night life..Kudos Restaurant/Lounge/Bar located on the West Coast opposite Tamerind Cove. Its the old Crocs Den/Jumbies...Complete re-model, new washrooms, hugh bar, great sound system, big sofas, outside dining area and food prepared by a top chef, all for prices lower than that of the norm. on the west coast

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

It is defo needed on the west coast, but I wonder how successful it will be as Jumbies didnt last too long. I hope it will be a great success, esp as Limegrove in Holetown will have a nightclub, hopefully it will attract more people to the west coast to enjoy the nightlife.

manchester england
Level Contributor
357 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

it really looks nice and so will make a trip down as my friend is the working there also Mark [ x ocean 11] is running this place i think in partnership so it will be good to support this venue. somewhere new to go too

Jac

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

Totally agree that a place like Kudos is needed on the west coast. It looks good and I really hope they make a go of this place, I shall definitely be trying it out early May.

If anyone goes beforehand please let us know what you think.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

Maybe this is one for our roving reporter ...Canby ...to investigate ???!!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

I have driven by in the daytime (Kudos & Vic's) but you can't judge anything by driving by, just noticed the new signs. Not sure I'd go there in the evening either unless I had a reason to be on the West Coast later at night.

So maybe Sadowner or SusieQ.... could drop by and let us know what they think as they're on the West Coast or someone else on this Forum.

I can say though that it's quieter here than usual on the island, doesn't seem quite as busy though the restaurants seem to be doing well, so hopefully these two new places will propsper.

Even the golf courses are quiet. When I spoke to the people in the Pro Shop at Sandy Lane they noticed a drop off in the past month as has Rockley Golf Course.

Edited: 08 March 2011, 18:58
notts
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

Was there the other night, (we are staying at the Fairmont), its was fantastic, one of the better meals I have had in Barbados, for a decent price too, Good music any drink you can imagine, well aircondtioned, very comfortable...go!

Whistler, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

This is definitely one of the worst bars in Barabdos. We were there in May for our anniversary, unfortunately 'Scarlet' (which is magnificent by the way) on the west coast was closed so we decided to start our night at Kudos. The service was shocking, we were forced to order quickly as there was a party of 8 arriving. We requested to taste 'a' wine that they served by the glass, we were deciding on a bottle which the waitress responded "we are not here to have a wine tasting". We ordered a selection of tapas which were all brought out at the same time and she got the order wrong. the waitress didnt come back to check on us, we waited forever to pay our bill & in the end walked up to the bar to pay the manager who didnt ask how our evening went. On top of the 'great night' we had to pay an automatic 10% gratuity on a 2 person bill!!! Wont be back again!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

I went. Had a little something to eat which was very nice and the place was lively later on with a good dj. It looks great, and I found the staff very nice. Not denying that the op had a bad experience, but I hope the place does well as the west coast could certainly use sobering with a bit of life into the night.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

Haha! Sorry! My autocorrect apparently thinks the west coast could use "sobering" rather than "something"! Couldn't be further from the truth, a few drinks might shake things up a bit! Lol

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Bar/Lounge on West Coast "Kudos"

IB:

Settings --> General --> Keyboard Menu --> AutoCorrect --> OFF

Just sayin'.