We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi for a party of 6 - easy to find? and $$

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi for a party of 6 - easy to find? and $$

There is a lot of information on this site regarding Taxi rides, but I would like more specific information. I have a party of 6 staying on the Island for two weeks and will be renting a car for only one and would like to get an idea how much we should budget for taxi rides to the store, out to eat etc., and the ease of doing this.

Do taxis charge extra per person? For instance is there a flat fee from Bridgeport to Speightstown, and an extra amount charged for each person over two or four?

Also, how hard will it be to get a taxi spur of the moment to fit 6 passengers?

Thanks for the help!

Lootie

Level Contributor
351 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi for a party of 6 - easy to find? and $$

We were a family of four and almost always had mini-van taxis. There are plenty on the island. It's generally done on a flat fee, the driver would just quote us a price to go from Holetown to Paynes Bay (B$ 35. for example). Most of the vans were very well kept and could easily take 7-8 passengers. We used a fellow named Pedro and I'm almost positive his cell number is 246 257 1752

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi for a party of 6 - easy to find? and $$

Super! Thanks for the info and number!!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,380 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi for a party of 6 - easy to find? and $$

$ 35 from Holetown to Paynes??????? wow, were you robbed !!!!! Check prices before you ride lootie -----------------------that's the price from Holetown to Bridgetown !

Level Contributor
351 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi for a party of 6 - easy to find? and $$

By the way that was Barbados dollars and was consistent with other van-taxis we took

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,380 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi for a party of 6 - easy to find? and $$

All I know is I live in Holetown and when I catch a van(or taxi ) to Bridgetown from the Holetown rank outside West Mall it costs me $35 BBD . Maybe it's less for one person but I can't see why, if luggage isn't involved.. I regularly catch a van from my condo on 1st Street to the Garrison and that costs $40 BDS . -------------------------It's only $60 to $70 BDS to the Airport !!! Paynes Bay is just down the road !

I'm only warning people to question prices ----------------------they are fixed .

6. Re: Taxi for a party of 6 - easy to find? and $$

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:18