We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance to book?

New England
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
How far in advance to book?

Looking at going to Barbados in spring 2012. Anyone want to share how far in advance they book. We will be coming from the northeast of the US. With our trip for the summer of 2011 and booked in the 8 months in advance and found that we were late for booking in that area. Had to pay higher prices for car rentals etc. I don't want to run into that again. WOoo HOO I hope we can finally make it to Barbados.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance to book?

I've seen prices pretty consistent recently for my trip. I booked 2 1/2 months out. I just never was the type to book far out, seemed to me like I did not miss out on anything or over pay either.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance to book?

We always go in the summer. Because that is kind of off season you really dont have to book too far in advance unless you clash with the Crop Over, last week in July, beginning of August. Around that time, car hire goes up. Other than that prices are generally cheaper.

I usually book my flights 6 months in advance which gives me something to look forward too!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance to book?

For air I think you can only book 10 months in advance. If you know where you want to stay, I would contact them directly to see what the earliest they would take bookings for. Quite possibly you could book a year in advance.

For rental car, we always use Stoutes, and if you e-mail them about the dates you have in mind, I'm sure they can reserve something for you. You can always change the dates if the trip dates change, but at least you would be all set for the basics.

Check out my tips at www.barbadostips.com I have some helpful information that should be good for your trip planning.

4. Re: How far in advance to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 18:16