We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
85 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

For those that have gone on their lunch cruises, how many people max were on each of the catamarans? From the forum, it seems you all really prefer Cool Runnings, but I've heard they sometimes put up to 60 people on the boat, whereas Good Times seats 20 max. Any truth to that? Any other feedback on those two companies to help make my decision? Thanks!

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

I work in tourism in Barbados and regually sell Good Times over any other cat cruise due to the fact that they only have up to 16/20 per trip, so its not very crowded. You can also opt to go on a private charter, so it would only be your family/friends on board.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

I have been on Cool Runnnings twice. I don't know how many people were on the catamaran, but it certainly wasn't crowded...there was lots of room. The staff were wonderful and the food was great....not to forget the alcohol, it was pretty good too!

We saw Tiami and it seemed very crowded!

Do you know how the prices compare?

Enjoy which ever you choose.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

Cool Runnings boats (there are 2 I believe) are large and spacious and take a maximum of 32 passengers - they are very strict about that unless it is for a private function/birthday party etc. Tiami (Tall Ships) on the other hand do take a lot more people I believe - even up to 60 but that is only what I have heard. I do know that I have been on Cool Runnings numerous times and it's always good and have noticed crowds on Tiami.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
279 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

I go on Cool Runnings at least twice a year for the last 6+ years. It has never been crowded and the staff are amazing with the service, food excellent and plenty of room to sit. Never had problem finding seats inside or outside even the couple times that it rained a bit and everyone wanted to be under cover. Haven't been on Good Times, can't comment. I have been on the Tiami and would never recommend it.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
85 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

Scary and Scott69 - any estimate on the number of folks on Cool Runnings when you've been on board?

GlitterGirl - have you been on Good Times? I wonder how their food compares.

Thanks all for the feedback thus far.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

As I said their maximum is 32 and usually they have the 32 on board when I have been on...loads of room - the boats are large and very stable.

London
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

I frequently rent Good Times as a private charter, the food is excellent. It is great to anchor in Gibbs Bay for lunch and after lunch have a swim or a walk on the beach there. They also will take you up to Six Mens to swim with turtles, which is much less crowded. My favorite part is that they pick me up and drop me off right in front of the villa, couldn't ask for more. But I can only vouch for it as a private charter, have never been onboard with a group.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

Silver Moon is another great option as they're also strict about keeping numbers low. You'll never find them overcrowded and the 2 boats they operate are very well maintained, spacious and comfortable.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

Good Times will pick you up from your hotel/villa etc and bring you back, whether it is private or non-private. The rates are good and the food fab.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cool Runnings/Good Times Catamaran Trips

I enjoyed Cooling Runnings.

Edited: 02 April 2011, 15:58