We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

SOUTH TEXAS
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing

We will be in Barbados next week and would like to do some fishing. I have searched this forum and have found very few if any post on fishing. Is Barbados a good place to go fishing? Does anyone have recommedations on who to fish with or where to go to find somebody? We are a party of 2 and would like a private charter. Is fishing in Barbados worth it or should we save or time and money and do something else?

Thanks,

COREM

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

If you go down to Sandy Beach to Crystal Waters Beach Bar and ask for Richard the fishing guy he does charters.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

Can't quite understand why you say ' very few if any posts on fishing '

If you put 'sea fishing' or just 'fishing' into the search box you will get 10+ pages on each

Fishing ( by UK standards) is not cheap ...around 450US$ per day for a whole boat charter

You might need to sift through the posts to find what you want but it is there

Try these to start

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k39…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k32…

tripadvisor.co.uk/…24803287

Also you could google barbados fishing

London, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing

Richard at Crystal Waters? Do you mean Rob, www.barracudafishingbarbados.com?

He does trips out, is reliable and they often come back with a good catch.

England
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing

I remember many years ago, in a murky stream flowing through an area of mangrove, Chancery Lane I think it was, large fish were moving in the brackish water, and on the bank was further evidence of something big in there - fish scales, each over an inch in diameter. I suspect they were maybe Bonefish, Albula vulpes, a good game fish which inhabits salt and brackish waters. They grow to three feet.

Even these few waterways may be worth trying one lazy afternoon.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing

Martin at IOU Charters ...told me that he occasionally does specific bone fish trips ...I believe he said they were towards the east coast

If I remember correctly they are more expensive than the normal charter

...but whilst bond fish are relatively small ...they are fantastic sport on light tackle

6. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 13:18