We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boscobel update

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Boscobel update

bajanreporter.com/breaking-news-barbados-pol…

Just read this on another forum. Great news I think!

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boscobel update

Yes ...good news ....BUT

... IMHO this has taken far far too long to resolve ...just how difficult is it to put a couple of plain clothes police officers in a hire car and drive past

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boscobel update

Hope this news will put some traveller's minds at ease - yes mdp it has taken far too long and may not be the complete end to it, but it's a start i suppose. Hopefully we can get updates in the near future from anyone visiting that area.

and thanks Em for the news.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boscobel update

Great news!

At long last it seems all the posts here on Tripadvisor and the Barbados Free Press about this have done some good.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boscobel update

Yes great news, Barbados will definitely be better off without that sort of thing.

England
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boscobel update

This is indeed what we need to hear. It saddened me to think that this beautiful gem of the Caribbean was being tarnished with this isolated thuggish behaviour. And maybe more than that, the level of concern it has caused which has maybe stopped people visiting for the first time.

I have always felt safe in Barbados. News of the Boscobel louts havn't and won't stop me taking my family there. Reports of the police finally acting on this sort of undesirable element can only do the island good.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boscobel update

So glad to see that justice has been done and hopefully that will be the last we hear about visitors being harrassed in the area. I took some friends to Animal Flower Cave a couple of weeks back and there was a guy waiting on the corner giving directions we just drove past but its very disconcerting for strangers to the island when people do this. I notice that John the dog replied to the bajanreporter story in his own inimitable negative way. I am very protective of my visitors just in case anyone steps out of line in their presence and don't cover up what happens to me here. Well done RBPF

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boscobel update

John the Dog is still around???? Where can I find him....am in the mood for a fight!!!!! Lol

8. Re: Boscobel update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 23:19