We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for birthday celebration

Hurst, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for birthday celebration

We will be celebrating my husband's 40th birthday while in Barbados in July. Does anyone have any recommendations for a special birthday dinner? We are staying near St. Lawrence Gap. Thanks!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for birthday celebration

On the south coast, it's got to be Champers.

camberley uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for birthday celebration

Champers is great

Pisces is very good

Josefs is patchy - at it's best it's very good but sometimes it's not.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for birthday celebration

A little further afield but well worth the effort, Cafe Luna would also be a romantic venue with good food & service.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for birthday celebration

Champers has my vote. Fantastic food and gorgeous setting. Service is wonderful too. When reserving in advance let them know you are celebrating a milestone birthday. Ask for rail seating as well. It will be a memorable evening.

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
983 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for birthday celebration

Champers for me!

Trying Waterside this time too

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for birthday celebration

Tapas would make an excellent venue for a birthday celebration, ask for an upstairs table and let them know about the celebration.

London
Level Contributor
460 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for birthday celebration

I agree with with Canby, we loved Tapas in Hastings, which is a short taxi ride from the St Lawrence Gap area. Champers is wonderful too, but I would say we liked Tapas just that smidgeon more. It has a wonderful Cafe del Mar type of ambience, from its mellow sound track in the background to its flickering tikki torches, we felt we were in an episode of The Hills! Oh, and the food was great. with loads of choices to suit every taste, from the pickiest to the most adventurous. I think you will be delighted with either of those two restaurants. And I agree with JohnCamberley, Josef's can be patchy, but in our experience, so can Pisces, unfortunately. When they are good though, they can be fabulous.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant for birthday celebration

Another fun place is Naru.

Barry Taylor (chef) is still cooking & has some fabulous new dishes for his Asian Fusion menu. It has a small plate menu and lots of fun sampling all of the yummy treats.

I can tell this will be a hot new spot on the island. Naru is located at the Savannah Hotel in Hastings on the south coast. It’s in the spot the former restaurant Boucan used to occupy

I've got some pictures and more food descriptions on my site at:

www.barbadostips.com under top restaurants.

9. Re: Restaurant for birthday celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 08:27