We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire and hotel delivery/collection

halifax
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
car hire and hotel delivery/collection

Hi everyone. Can anyone suggest a car hire company with 4WD vehicles (SUV) who would deliver and collect from a west coast hotel.

Looking at websites for rental companies they seem to be airport based and we just need a car for 2 or 3 days mid holiday so dont want to have to go back to the airport to pick up and return. All help appreciated, thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

Drive O Matic, Coconut Car Hire, Stoutes you can contact them all direct on the web.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,247 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

Car Rental Companies

Stoutes http://www.stoutescar.com

Courtesy http://www.courtesyrentacar.com

Drive-A-Matic http://www.carhire.tv

Coconut http://www.coconutcars.com

MAH Car Rentals www.funbarbados.com/CarRentals/MAHrentals.cfm

Shop around and compare prices.

Why a 4 wheel drive SUV? You really can't drive off road so a 4 wheel isn't necessary? SUV, sure if you want one but no 4 wheel drive required.

All reputable car companies deliver and pick up, they even meet you at the airport and you can drop it off there.

halifax
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

Thanks butterflysue 1, I will follow those up.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

Used Drive-a-Matic for eight years now - excellent service.

halifax
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

Thanks to all who replied, I am sure we will find what we want from one of the companies you have listed.

Canby, I think the 4WD/SUV is just a language thing - in the UK we tend to call all SUVs 4WD. It is a SUV that we would want - purely because we prefer the higher driving position. Thank you for your help

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

Most car rental companies will deliver to you, not just the airport. Coconut is who my family use when they come over. Executive is another good rental company too.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

Most if not all good companies will deliver to your hotel ...if they won't .. or want to charge ...then move on to the next one

I have always used Stoutes ... for 2 reasons .... excellent service and because they ( AFAIK) are the only company to offer a full zero excess CDW

You may find some companies may want to do a min 3 day hire

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

I agree with mdp963 about Stoutes. That's why we always use them. We frequently rent the SUV-type vehicles you are talking about -- fun and get you around in tough places too.

Mention my name, Lois Swanson, for a special discount with Stoutes.

halifax
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

Looked at them all now and from everyones comments I think we will probably go with Stoutes. On line they will offer 2 day hire which is all we will need. Special thanks to Lois for offering the use of her name to maybe get a discount.

Plymouth UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: car hire and hotel delivery/collection

hi southern rentals are very good i use them when we visit and they have 4x4s and other models which are modern. regards