We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which area is best

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
which area is best

am looking to book a holiday to barbados next year but do not know which area is best to visit.

we are looking for an area with a nice beach, choice of places to eat and a shop to buy food from as we are going self catering.

although we like going out for a drink in the evening we aren't interested in nightclubs or areas that look like an 18-30's haven (although i am only 35 my party days are a thing of the past).

any advice on locations would be great

thanks

toni

Barbados
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: which area is best

I think you should be looking at Holetown on the West coast. Plenty of shops, supermarket, beach bars and restaurants, all within walking distance.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which area is best

I agree ...seems that the Holetown area would suit you best

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which area is best

Have a look at Blue Orchid on the south coast...on a quiet stretch of Worthing Beach, Rockley/Accra beach 5 minutes away. Two grocery stores 5 and 10 minutes walk, lots of restaurants,(both high end and budget), lots of shopping ,(3 mini malls within walking distance),and close to the south coast boardwalk in one direction and a short taxi ride to all that the Gap area has to offer. 10 minute cab ride to the shopping and bustle of Bridgetown. The hotel is very quiet and clean and has self catering units that are well equipped. Grounds are very quiet and clean and a nice pool, though on the small side.

See reviews in the review section.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: which area is best

I would say the West Coast also. We stayed in Paynes Bay which is just maybe 5-10 mins south of Holetown

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which area is best

Bougainvillea Resort...a fantastic beach, it's not far from Oistens which has a Supercentre supermarket and the famous weekly fish fry, and also close to St. Lawrence Gap which gives several restaurant choices.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which area is best

For more "bang for your buck" try the south coast properties. From what you describe I think Southern Surf opposite Accra beach might be a fabulous choice as a budget hotel/ apartment or one of the many properties on the south coast near Rockley beach on or near the boardwalk.

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which area is best

thanks for the feed back guys.

it would seem that i had left booking for a holiday in february a bit late but fortunately there was a cancellation for a apartment in holetown.

we are going to hire a car so will visit the other places that were suggested.

8. Re: which area is best

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 20:17