We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pickup at Airport

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pickup at Airport

Can anyone suggest a reasonable and good car service for pickup at the airport? Any suggestions where to get water/snacks & wine on the way to the hotel? We are staying at the Tamarind.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pickup at Airport

There are lots of taxis outside the airport just go to the person at the desk tell them your destination they will assign you a driver and give you a ticket with the price in Barbados dollars. There are gas stations on the way to Tamarind you can get supplies. You can drink the tap water in Barbados its one of the purest water supplies in the world. Enjoy!!

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pickup at Airport

"" ...a good car service for pick up at the airport""

...do you mean car hire or taxi ???

Manchester
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pickup at Airport

I have just prebooked collection again using Emmanuel Tours. You can book and pay online. But other posters are correct there are lots of cabs at the airport.

Buy your rum from Airport shop before you leave.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pickup at Airport

We went to Barbados last month and just got a taxi from the airport. There was a man at a desk, we just told him where we wanted to go (southern Palms, St Lawrence Gap) and he assigned us a taxi driver and give us a ticket with the price on it ($31 BDS)......very easy!

spacecadet74
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pickup at Airport

Another vote for Emmanuel Tours, Just got back from Barbados & used them for collection & return from airport & can't recommend them enough.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pickup at Airport

Don't buy your rum at the airport. It's much cheaper at Big B or other grocery store.

manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pickup at Airport

For the last three years I have used D and N rentals which were recommended to me by my hotel. The email address is dandnrentals@caribsurf.com. The owner is called David and he is very reliable. I am not sure how this compares to a Taxi from the Airport but we book it for peace of mind. You can either pay in advance by credit card or pay in BBD or USD when you arrive at the hotel.

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pickup at Airport

I also just used Emmanuel Tours for round trip airport transfers. They were highly professional, on time and a pleasure to do business with.

Raleigh, North...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pickup at Airport

We used Emmanuel Tours for our airport transportation and also for getting around the island. They are amazing. Willie and his crew are SO nice and always prompt. Also, their vehicles are nice and clean. Recommended highly.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pickup at Airport

I wouldn't pick up water - the tap water is lovely in Barbados....best I have ever tasted.