We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post-grad traveling

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Topic
Post-grad traveling

I am planning to travel with 2 or 3 girlfriends of mine and we just graduated from college. We want some place relaxing but that still has a nightlife. Is Barbados a good choice or is it too sleepy of an island?? Thank you.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post-grad traveling

As you're from LA I wonder if you've visited Mexico and are looking for something similar here. If you are the Barbados wouldn't suit. Barbados doesn't have nearly the same busy nightlife as some of the bigger resorts there such as Puerto Vallarta or Cancun. However it's a busy little island by Caribbean standards and you'll always find some fun bars/ restaurants and clubs to choose from. The south coast would suit you best IMO as there you'll find Harbor Lughts and the B

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post-grad traveling

oops, timed out before I could edit. Was trying to let you know that Harbour Lights and the Boatyard are both good beachfront clubs (they are not all busy every noght of the week though) and St. Lawrence Gap on the south coast also has lots of places to go at night. South coast tends to have more reasonably priced accommodation. Try Southern Surf, Dover Beach Hotel, Coral Mist/ Blue Orchids for good prices close to nightlife and great beaches.

Edited: 17 May 2011, 14:07
Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Post-grad traveling

thank you for responding! It may just be me and one other girlfriend traveling, so we are not looking for a crazy nightlife like cancun, just something where we can at least go out for a drink and meet people around our age...we are 22. Would we find people close to that or is it more of an older crowd? any other suggestions for the caribbean? We have done mexico and wanted to try somewhere different. (also am in Dallas now, not LA). Thank you!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post-grad traveling

You'll find people of every age vacation here, you won't feel too young! I was about 22 when I first came and had a great time. Take a look at the areas I mentioned as they are busier and I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people your own age tgere

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Post-grad traveling

As InBarbados said, it's not a place like Cancun etc with massive clubs and wild nightlife... having said that, I really enjoy the nightlife there (technically I'm not 22, but I seem to forget that quite a lot lol!).

I would recommend you stay in the Gap area as that's probably where the best of the nightlife is - places like Reggae Lounge, McBride's, Ship Inn, generally one or the other will be busy on any given night. If you like live music, there's a fair bit of that too (Ship Inn on Thursdays, McBride's Wednesdays and Fridays amongst others!).

In addition to the suggested hotels, there are self-catering or guesthouse options that are also good value etc.

6. Re: Post-grad traveling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 06:19