We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Turtle Beach in July

Ireland
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Turtle Beach in July

Hi we are a family of 4 mum, dad, daughter 22, son 19 visiting in July. I was so caught up with checking out Watersports for kids that I forgot to ask about a Spa! Can anyone recommend one near to Turtle Beach? Apparently it's possible to visit other hotels in this group and use facilities etc would be great to hear if anyone did and what they thought?

Also, any feedback on availability of drinks...having stayed on another island before we didn't have a good experience of what was included ie very poor wine and no spirits? Should we be shopping at duty free before hand??

Any ideas or feedback would be fantastic!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Turtle Beach in July

Cant help you with a spa im afraid.

Sister hotels are made available,but you have to make your own transport,

Drinks at Turtle Beach are premium drinks including international brands,so no worries there.Champagne,fine wines and bottled water has to be paid for.The house wine is very good by the way.

Kim and Steve.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Turtle Beach in July

Tap water is free and one of the purest supplies in the world try it and see!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Turtle Beach in July

Thanks so much for your quick response! I'll keep checking on the Spa!

Ireland
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Turtle Beach in July

thank you thats great to hear...any ideas on the Spa front...how expensive is it to get transport to the other hotels in the Turtle Beach group of hotels? Really looking forward to our trip!!

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
910 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Turtle Beach in July

Be careful with the tortoises! My fiancé toe was bitten.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Turtle Beach in July

I think a majority of the spas are on the West Coast such as the Sandy Lane Spa.

With regards to transport to the sister hotels just get on the local bus, they are approximately $1.50 each (wherever you go). Just hop on a bus that is heading for Holetown and tell the driver you would like to get off at Crystal Cove, everyone is very helpful so you won't have a problem finding your stop. There are 2 types of buses - Blue ones are Government run and the yellow ones are better known as Reggae buses, they are great fun!! From what I can remember you may be better getting a Blue bus as you won't have to change in Bridgetown but you can ask at the hotel about this. Once at Crystal Cove you can use the complimentary water taxi to get to Tamarind Cove and Colony Club.

A Taxi from Turtle Beach to Crystal Cove and back again would be quite costly as they are quite a way apart.

I hope this helps and I'm sure you will have a fantastic time!!!

7. Re: Visiting Turtle Beach in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2012, 06:23