We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport customs

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
airport customs

can airport customs take from a customer, cultural products comming in to Barbados,like small beeded chains,badges,braclets in quantity of 50 without chargeing you or giveing some proof that they did,like a recipt?please let me know if any one has recently denied their small amount culture into the country.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport customs

I'm not sure what you mean by "cultural" products.

Why do you think they may take them away from you? Are you planning to sell these items once you arrive in Barbados?

If you intend to work or trade on the island, I would suggest you ensure you have the appropriate visa, otherwise you may face deportation.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,744 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport customs

I think you are saying that this has already happened to you ?? If so ,and if you were trying to take them into the country to sell, as little Miss Red has pointed out you would have needed permission to do so. I assume you didn't---------------am I right? Barbados has it's own culture and it's own jewellery to sell, why should they allow yours without the correct paperwork and duty.?

I'm sorry if I have misconstrued your post

Customs anywhere can confiscate what they like if the item is illegal, they don't have to give a receipt.as far as I know, because they have no itention of giving it back to you .

Edited: 04 June 2011, 19:30
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,649 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport customs

I've just had this conversation with my daughter, who , when we travel to the USA next month, will want to bring in multiple of things for school (pens paper notebooks etc). I have advised her to be sparing with it, as if she brings in those bulk packages of items (and multiples of those) it is possible that customs can take those things away.

So as Sadowner has said.. I also believe the original poster has had this happen and is trying to stir the pot. and as said before. Customs in any country may take away anything they deem as good ready to be sold on the open market, or they can charge you whatever they want for the privilege of taking that item into the country.. whether it be items that she will use in the next full school year, or cultural items..

4. Re: airport customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:16