I've read all the reviews and I've looked through the many posts on here about the crane. But, of course, I have some questions. I am planning a trip to Barbados in July, with my partner and my 2 teenagers, right before they (14 and 13) go back to school.
We really love the look of the Crane but are so afraid of the air conditioning stories. With all that being said, however, we will not spend alot of time in the room but sweating at night while sleeping will surely put a damper on our vacation.
So, I've read all the stories about get building 8 or 9 or the Park, get a high room so you have the breezes. Bottom line, we are going to get the 2 bedroom apartements with the 28ft. pool. I've spoken to the folks at the Crane and they have told me that they will be sure to get me a room that has good AC. They told me that the problem is that the buildings have central air and that some are colder then others but are predictable and therefore, they know which ones get the coldest and if it is that important to us, then they will put us there, or try there best anyway. So, I'm about to book the trip but had a few questions, on the Crane and also general. Hope you all don't mind.
1) Does the AC explanation make sense and has anyone stayed there and not had to worry about the AC?
2) My kids are extremely picky eaters. Is the food at the hotel kid friendly enough, meaning, chicken fingers, burgers, steak, etc? How about at the Zen? Can they get american food there? My partner and I love sushi and oriental cuisine. My kids, not so much so we probably would skip it if they couldn't get something american.
3) should I rent a car and how far a drive is it to Bridgetown and is it worth the trip?
4) My kids love to surf but I don't like them going out on their own. I understand that the east side is the best for surfing but where should I take them for some lessons and guides?
5) Has anyone ever been to the Zip line place, called Aerial Trek? My kids love it and so do I but I haven't really seen much on it.
Sorry for all the questions. This year my partner turns 50 and I am tying to make this a special trip. It will be a surprise but my kids are in on it and helping with all the planning. I really want it to be perfect and planned out so any help you can give us would be appreciated.