We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Barbados?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on Barbados?

Hi,

Advice required on where to base ourselves in Barbados

We are a family of 4, with 2 young daughters and have just booked Virgin flights for last 2 weeks in August.

We are now looking for somewhere to stay and would welcome some guidance on whereabouts we should stay, ideally:

1. close to beach

2. choice of good quality restaurants/cafes

3. nice neighbourhood......take a bus, stroll around meeting and chatting with the locals

any advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

regards,

Michael

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

Could you give some guidence on your budget ...and do you want a hotel or self catering and ...

How young are the daughters????

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

hi,

budget of say up to £3000, really flexible about the type of accommodation and board basis.....

my girls are 7 and 9yo

thanks,

michael

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

I would suggest you look at either of the following. Both are great for families.

Settlers Beach Villas is on a great beach and is 5 minute walk into Holetown for lots of restaurants and shops (including the new Limegrove Center). http://www.settlersbeachhotel.com/

My other suggesetion is The Coral Reef Club - same great beach and about a 10 minute walk into Holetown. http://www.coralreefbarbados.com/about_us.cfm

The timeframe you plan to visit is when many hotels are having their annual closures for refurbishing and staff vacations, or you would have many more options.

You may also want to consider a villa which is great for families - lots right on the water and some on the water even have private pools. Check with Bajan Services - we've used them several times and they manage lots of great properties on the island: www.bajanservices.com

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

Lois ...is Coral Reef Club not a little beyond their budget ???

£3000 = 4800US$ ... or 342US$ per night for 4 people ...a bit low for beachfront even in the off season

I would suggest maybe looking at somewhere in Sunset Crest for S/C

Edited: 07 June 2011, 13:08
Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

I would suggest Southern Palms in St, Lawrence Gap or the Bougainvillea also on the south coast. both great family hotels and lots of restaurants etc. within easy walking distance.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

I agree with Scary on either of the hotels she mentioned, both excellent places to stay and are right on the beach.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

thanks for the guidance, its much appreciated

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

Agree with both of Scary's suggestions and would add Coconut Court as well on the basis of the little reef and therefore calm water for little girls.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

thanks again

Newcastle
Level Contributor
446 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay on Barbados?

Hi we are going to Southern Palms for the last two weeks in August. Our 7 year old son would love to have some chums! Last year we stayed in Royal Westmoreland but wanted to be within walking distance of the beach and restaurants this year. Our friends were at Southern Palms last year & thoroughly recommended it. Saying all this, we did like Holetown and will be taking a trip up there for the beautiful beaches.