We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at Ocean Two Resort & Residences

maryland
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at Ocean Two Resort & Residences

This will be my first time traveling to Barbados through Interval International can anyone please give me any insight on this resort. We are a couple in our 40's trying not to be bored.

Ocean Two Resort & Residences looks pretty cool.

Thanks

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ocean Two Resort & Residences

It will be hard to find reviews for Ocean Two as it only took its first guests on May 28th 2011. Just under a month ago.

maryland
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ocean Two Resort & Residences

Thanks Gene

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ocean Two Resort & Residences

I stayed on that site many moons ago... in a lovely little place that they tore down to make way for Ocean's Two :O( It's certainly not an attractive building, somewhat spoils the area (along with Sapphire Beach Condos), but I guess if you're in them, you can't see them...

Back in the day, there was no beachfront, there - what is there now, has been "forced" so who knows how that will end up when it's not there naturally...

The location is pretty good, you are close enough to walk to bars/restaurants etc but far enough away that you won't even notice you are in the supposedly heaving Gap! A couple of minutes walk and you are on the bus route that will take you anywhere you want to go....

Reading, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ocean Two Resort & Residences

We stayed at the Ocean 2 last week, and it is obviously very new. Here's a summary of what we thought:

Pro's

Lovely quiet, white sandy beach on your doorstep

Good location for shops, restaurants, bars - only 10 minute walt to St. Lawrence Gap

Pool/ Bar staff, housekeeping staff all very good

Very quiet - as it is so new, so lots of sun loungers etc. available

We got give a much larger room than we booked as the hotel was so quiet.

Rooms are lovely, very spacious, with great large balconies

Con's

As it's so new, the bar area and restaurant area are very quiet and so lack ambience - better to go to the gap for this

Some areas were not open when were there - eg. the roof terrace pool

There are still finishing off a few bits - nothing major to distract from the holiday, but something to be aware of.

Front desk staff aren't great - they don't offer any excursions booking facilities, and front desk seemed a little disorganised and on the whole not very friendly (unlike at more established hotels)

However, if you get a good rate on the hotel, then I would definitely recommend it. We got a good deal, and thoroughly enjoyed our break there overall. We booked the excursions that we did directly by just obtaining leaflets and calling them directly - not too much trouble.

Hope that helps

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ocean Two Resort & Residences

balloonheed

Perhaps when Ocean Two is added by TripAdvisor to the list of hotels you can return and post that review to help other travellers. I find it sometimes takes a while for hotels to be added. Case on point, the new Courtyard by Marriott.

maryland
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ocean Two Resort & Residences

Yes, it has helped

Thanks

7. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ocean Two Resort & Residences

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 23:18