We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados Hotels For Two Old People Who Like Luxury

surrey
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barbados Hotels For Two Old People Who Like Luxury

We are going to try Barbados in April 2012 and have been offered Waves, Allmond Casurina and in a nutshell, which would suit 2 people who like luxury, wine and very good food.

I have looked at other hotels but would ask any advice, all inclusive?

Wave?, Almond? or somewhere that you have stayed and would recommend.

Thanks

M

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados Hotels For Two Old People Who Like Luxury

I'm really not sure I would call either of these luxury do you want AI? There are great restaurants in Barbados to choose from. A hotel like The Sandpiper may suit you. Not sure about your budget as the 2 hotels you mentioned are not at the luxury end in price.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados Hotels For Two Old People Who Like Luxury

If you want luxury check out any of the following:

Cobblers Cove

The Sandpiper

Coral Reef Club

Treasure Beach

The two you mention are not in the same category.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,860 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados Hotels For Two Old People Who Like Luxury

jackyboy

As a local, I would never put those hotels into the category of being luxury.

As LoisInsiderTips has pointed out, you need one of the following:

Cobblers Cove

The Sandpiper

Coral Reef Club

Treasure Beach

and I'm adding The House and Sandy Lane to that list.

That is as good as luxury gets in Barbados. Based on you're demographic, I personally think you will LOVE Cobblers Cove. Consistency there is key, and if you read their reviews, the hotel is flawless!

Regards

Speightstown...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados Hotels For Two Old People Who Like Luxury

If you require luxury try Port St. Charles. It is a luxury residential marina which has great views of the ocean, an infinity pool with a bar and lounges and also the Yacht Club restaurant which serves lunch and dinner. Friendly staff can also arrange any requests that you may have. As an older couple i think this may be ideal as you can have lazy days lounging and very little to do yourself. They have 3 floors of one bedoom apts so u would have a wide range to choose from.

5. Re: Barbados Hotels For Two Old People Who Like Luxury

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 20:19