We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money in Barbados

Waterloo, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Spending Money in Barbados

Hi All,

I know that this question has been asked a couple of times in the form but not recently. So I was wondering if someone could really help me out.

My financee and I are traveling to Barbados for our wedding in a few weeks. I am trying to figure out just how much $$$ we should plan on bringing with us.

We're looking at bringing 9305.49 Barbadian Dollars, for a two week period. This is the equivalent of 208 Pounds/day for the two of us.

This would be pure spending money, as the hotel, wedding & car are already all paid for. We'd like to do a few things, plan on self catering for some meals but eating out for others, Is this enough to have an enjoyable honeymoon for a couple of Canadians in Barbados ?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

You will live extremely well on that budget.

Enjoy

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,250 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

Yes, that's fine.

Actually just bring the funds in Canadian dollars and change the money at the bank, you'll get a good rate. However that being said travelling with that amount of cash is unnecessary. Otherwise use the ATM's but just be aware of the transaction fee's at both ends. It's a very safe and user friendly option. If you do that just bring $200 US to get you through the first day. The equivalency is $1.98 Bds for 1$ US.

Plus when eating out just use your credit card VISA and MC are best.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

This should be plenty if you are not planning on fine dining each night. Enjoy!!

Waterloo, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

Sorry I should clarify. I am not planning on traveling with that much cash, That's what I've planned on having available via credit card/ATM withdraws. I might just take the cash off and leave the actual plastic locked up at the hotel the rest of the time and only carry with me what I actually need for what I am doing.

As for physical cash I am planning on only traveling with 200-300 US.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

"We're looking at bringing 9305.49 Barbadian Dollars, for a two week period. "

Okay, call me the contrarian but that amount seems a little low. Now, $9306.79 BDS, that's an amount I can feel comfortable with.

Edited: 11 July 2011, 20:57
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,250 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

bpfife,

Whew I was worried there for a minute, that you were worried and a contrarian on top of that. Oh my..... but that being said you have to read what he wrote carefully. He is Canadian so nothing wrong with Barbadian. It's the "ian" we Canadians use. It works for us. :-)

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

eh?

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

I think that it should be plenty unless you plan to dine at The Cliff every night.

Guildford
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

Or tee up at Sandy Lane....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending Money in Barbados

bpfife, I totally agree. that exta bit would put my mind at ease as well.