We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casual restaurants at The Gap

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
233 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
casual restaurants at The Gap

First time coming to Barbados and still trying to get some info before we arrive in 40 days. Can anyone recommend any casual and reasonably priced restaurants at The Gap for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Nothing fancy or upscale. We are staying in Christ Church. Thanks!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,551 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

If you put "Dining in The Gap" in the search box you'll get 44 pages of references. Once in the search box click date or relevance and you'll get the infomation from the most recent or the oldest. It's all there, great recommendations.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

There are loads of cheap, cheerful and casual places to eat in the Gap, here's a few:

St Lawrence Steakhouse and Grill (or the Chinese upstairs)

McBride's

Ship Inn

Scottie's for good local food - daytime only, is a sort of supermarket/deli with seats outside

The huts at Dover Beach - Johnny Cool does a mean burger!

Leroy's van (daytime only, various places along the Gap, great local food)

Ocean's 15's bar

Happy Days Cafe (in the Chattel Village - good for breakfast & lunch)

I'm sure others will chip in with some more ideas :O)

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

Good food and service and reasonable prices at the Flying Fish restaurant in Yellow Bird Hotel overlooking the Bay.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

rysmom05

In addition to the excellent suggestions put forth by LittleMissRed and MrsBB, you'll find great deals on breakfast at almost all the hotels in the Gap. There is a very nice continental breakfast to be had at Southern Palms for sure! You could also venture out of the Gap to Coconut Court in Hastings which does a reasonably priced breakfast as well.

Regards

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

Flying Fish at the Yellow Bird hotel and Cafe Sol.

London, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

I've always enjoyed dining at the Harlequin Restaurant in The Gap, I've never had a bad meal in there and the service has always been first class, it's a nice casual environment as well, very unpretentious in my opinion.

The places that have already been mentioned are all good as well, you won't be short of choice in the Gap, there are plenty of casual places to eat and drink.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
233 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

Sounds good!!! Thanks to all who answered!! Can anyone tell me if any of the menus are posted outside the restaurants to where we would be able to look it over BEFORE we go into the restaurant to see if its appealing to us??

London, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

A lot of the restaurants in The Gap have their menus posted outside so that you can look at them before deciding whether to venture inside, here's a link to the Harlequin website to give you a flavour of what they serve before you depart. Enjoy.

http://www.harlequinrestaurant.com/

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

yes..Flying Fish menu is posted on the wall at the entrance to the restaurant...the fish is fresh and the Macaroni pie is excellent but my fave part of the menu are the pumpkin fritters...we have them for dessert with ice cream rather than as an appetizer....

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: casual restaurants at The Gap

Happy Day's is the only breakfast place on the Gap. They have a nice breakfast and are very friendly. Scotty's is not a place I would eat at. The food is prepared offsite and you can't tell one dish from the other due to the same spice used in all the dishes. Dover market across the street makes all their lunches in house. Ocean 15 has a $12.00 flying fish with chips that you can't beat. Try the Ship Inn's chicken and mushroom pie for $32.00 before they change hands on the 29 of August.