We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report July 2011

Austin, TX
10 posts
Save Topic
Trip report July 2011

We had a great trip the first week of July. The weather was hot but the breeze helped tremendously. Rain showers most every day and the clouds would give way to sunshine for at least a couple of hours. Thank you for all the advice given on this board and I've posted some reviews and link to pictures/video on my blog so you can either reminisce or start planning your next trip! :)

…blogspot.com/search/label/barbados

Travel:

American Airlines DFW-BGI route

Accommodations:

Maxwell Beach Apts: budget friendly, super clean, right on the beach

The Crane: amazing! We had a one bedroom oceanview and it was phenomenal--we could have stayed longer!

Activities:

Harrison's Cave: well worth the trip. I was there 10 years ago and the new renovation is great.

Sailing on the Elegance: really recommend this small boat for a sail around the island, attentive staff

Food:

Ackee Tree: great rotis

Oisten's: Pat's Place

Atlantis Hotel buffet: bountiful buffet and a wonderful view

Chefette: loved the pineapple juice and rotis

L'azure: great set dinner (app, main, dessert, wine) for USD50 pp

Carib Beach Bar: great for lunch and beautiful beach view

Shopping:

Loved the Best of Barbados store and that there was an emphasis on locally made items. Brought back sugar and a lot of rum!

Wish we had the time to go by St Nicholas Abbey and Earthworks pottery but we wanted a nice relaxing vacation and we sure got one!

Edited: 14 July 2011, 17:57
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report July 2011

Wonderful! Glad you took advantage of American's DFW service. It's already proving very popular with visitors from the southern and western states. Atlantis Hotel & Restaurant is indeed a true gem! Hope you return and visit again soon to see St. Nicholas Abbey! I love the rum they produce there.

Regards

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report July 2011

Glad you enjoyed your trip, I enjoyed looking at your photos also.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report July 2011

Great trip report, and gorgeous pictures!! They make me wish that I was there!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,828 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report July 2011

Great blog with fantastic photos, thanks for posting the link.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report July 2011

Great report and fabulous photos !

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report July 2011

Great blog and pictures glad you enjoyed your trip.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report July 2011

Wow! Your photos are amazing - do you use an SLR camera or automatic? I really must buy an SLR - and learn how to use it!

Austin, TX
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report July 2011

Thanks everyone! Everything is so beautiful in Barbados it's hard not to take a good picture! These pictures were a combination of a Nikon D3100, Canon powershot for on the go pictures and an IPhone 4 for the videos :)

9. Re: Trip report July 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 11:18