We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!!!!!

2 posts
Save Topic
Help!!!!!!

I'm off to Barbados with my gf an thinking of proposing to her!!!but as I am male an useless at this sort of thing would appreciate any help an ideas of places an how to do it!!!!

Thanks!!

Gaz

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!!!!!

Harding5582

My best friend recently proposed to his girlfriend on Crane Beach in St. Philip. It's rated as one of the top ten beaches in the world by Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and is situated just below the Crane Resort & Residences. That would be a perfect location.

Just go there for a beach day/relaxation and just pop the question when you've the confidence to!

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,145 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!!!!!

Hmmm, interesting question. A beach as mentioned is an option as is dining at a seaside restaurant. Go to the following link for some restaurant ideas. After dinner just go out to the beach and there you go.http://www.barbadosrockleyvacations.com/dining.html

Edited: 17 July 2011, 11:47
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!!!!!

Foul Bay 1s more beat1ful and more access1ble!!!! She w1ll be blown away!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!!!!!!

You could do a private Small Cats catamaran cruise at sunset and do it on board. Maybe the captain would leave you alone for a little while so you'd have her all to yourself.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!!!!!!

Why not do it on the plane going out there? Talk to the cabin crew and have them make an announcement to the effect that there is a young man in seat number such and such who has a very important question to ask a young lady in seat number so and so...and then you get down on one knee in the aisle (make sure you have an aisle seat) and then she says yes, the whole plane applauds and whistles and you guys get a complementary drink etc etc. or arrange for the hotel to have the room romantically decorated with flowers champagne etc and a card asking her to marry you when you check in.

manchester england
Level Contributor
356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!!!!!!

I was on the Elegance Catamaran this easter and a guy proposed to his girlfriend on the catamaran it brought tears to all our eyes it was lovely.

and Sarah and the crew made a fuss of them. so i would organise something like that and celebrate in style with champagne and a nice cake

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help!!!!!!

How do I go on about gettin one of these small cats an what prices would I be lookin at??

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help!!!!!!

Contact any of these :-

www.elegancebarbados.com/directions.php

http://www.calabazasailingcruises.com/

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help!!!!!!

Www.smallcatscruises.com

Elegance is a much bigger boat than small cats. I was thinking it'd be more private and that it'd be much more affordable than the big guys to charter it as a totally private cruise for just the two of you. The big boats are lovely too but of course you'd have a lot of company and I doubt it'd be possible to have it privately without forking out thousands of dollars.

10. Re: Help!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 02:16