We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

almond casuarina vs. almond beach club -- thoughts??

Boston...
2 posts
Save Topic
almond casuarina vs. almond beach club -- thoughts??

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for any and all input your may be able to offer! My boyfriend and I are are looking to go on vacation in August and the Almond Bay Resorts in Barbados continue to pop up as very good deals. My question is, does either one of these particular resorts stand shoulders above the others? I imagine there are pros and cons to each, but to set some context, we are both in our early 30s, like to have fun and enjoy some nightlife, but also are not looking to spend the entire vacation drunk. We would love to have some lazy days at a nice beach and opportunities to do some water sports. Any advice on which resort may be better in general, or, better suited for our needs in particular? Thanks again!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,418 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: almond casuarina vs. almond beach club -- thoughts??

You don't mention if you've read the reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g666621-d589275… These are very recent and even mention which block to request.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147265-d650212…

If you enjoy some nightlife, then I'd recommend the Almond Casuarina, as you'd be within walking distance to the restaurants and clubs in St. Lawrence Gap area.

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: almond casuarina vs. almond beach club -- thoughts??

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did read the reviews, but was having a difficult time doing a side by side comparison of these two particular resorts. I'm hoping that folks could give me their impressions of how they stack up along side one another, and if one is a clear choice above and beyond the other.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,778 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: almond casuarina vs. almond beach club -- thoughts??

megnd331

Almond Beach Club is preferred by couples looking for a romantic getaway in a kid free environment. No one under 16 is allowed to stay there. As a hotel is it great, rooms, food, service etc, the beach could be a bit better.

Almond Casurina should be top choice if you want to be close to a litany of restaurants, bars and nightlife. Kids are allowed to stay at this resort but that doesn't take away from what a great place it is.

I think you should go for the Casurina.

Regards

4. Re: almond casuarina vs. almond beach club -- thoughts??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 06:16