We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

Newport Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

Looking to spend ~$2-3k for a week for lodgings at the end of August. Would love to rent a villa but don't know what areas offer a good combination of nicer accommodations and close proximity to nightlife / activities.

I've heard that the St. Lawrence Gap is where all the action is but wasn't blown away with the accommodations in the area. Is there an area nearby that offers nicer villas that are relatively close to the action?

One company recommended Fitts Village to me and said it would be a 10 min cab ride to St. Lawrence Gap. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

MarkPG949

Firstly, St. Lawrence Gap is at least 30 mins drive from Fiits Village and not 10. But it is indeed "where all the action is". I would recommend you look at Ocean Two Resort & Residences which is brand new and in the gap. Alternatively, I would recommend you take a look at a villa around Maxwell Beach. Look at this link:

islandhideaways.com/barbados/…

Regards

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

Yes I agree with Genetic re the distance from Fitts Village and the Gap...I would also agree that Ocean Two which is pretty much brand new, is definitely worth a look. You could also check out Mistle Cove and Sapphire Beach - all in the Gap and lots of bars and restaurants, and nightlife, within easy walking distance.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

Also check out White Sands condos in the Gap.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

Fitts village is closer to Holetown, which have a few bars/restaurants and could be somewhere else you would like to look at

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
991 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

I agree with Scary and I'd opt for Oceans 2 over Sapphire Beach Apartments, but both look good. Oceans 2 location is a little better IMO. There are fewer vendors and the proximity is a little better if you like to opt for Maxwell Beach versus Dover Beach on a particular day. You would be about a block further away from the St. Lawrence Gap restaurant and bars though.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

I'd look at White Sands or Oceans 2 both look good and seem smaller than Sapphire Beach. Staying at White Sands in September so will know better then!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

footychick,

Have you been and had a look round White Sands ? , if not i really think you will enjoy your stay. I got a tour from George (owner) an old friend of mine last year and i was very impressed.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

Only from the outside on our last trip. We like the position and the fact that the building was not too big. We have rented a 2 bed ocean front one of the ones with the large balcony. We have done a private rental from the owner in the UK,

9. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2012, 00:49
10. Re: Mid/Late-20's couple going to Barbados for the first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2012, 00:49