We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados Flights, excel, bmi,

Doncaster, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados Flights, excel, bmi,

I cant decide what flights to book for our honeymoon this year.

I have seen a deal on an excel flight for their 1st class cabin for about 200 cheaper each then the scheduled airlines economy. The only thing is I want to fly out to St Lucia when we get to Barbados with LIAT for 5 days at the Ladera so I am worried about the flight being very late! As its 1st class (not premium economy) the comfort will be OK its just whether it leaves withing a few hours of the departure time. I have about 5-6 hours to catch the connecting flight so can take a couple of hours delay OK.

There are plently of reviews on here with 24 hour delays etc but have many people had punctual flights with excel?

What do you think of my chances?

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados Flights, excel, bmi,

My friend who travels to Barbados 4 times a year will not now travel Excel or BWI because there is normally a delay.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
312 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados Flights, excel, bmi,

Ha Ha. You just brought something to my mind. My friend came back from Barbados last year and complained about bwee losing his luggage or delaying it and about them having delays. Since I was young , I know this saying. We West Indians refer to Beewee as Better Walk If Able.(BWIA) With good reason. I'd still use them anyway.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados Flights, excel, bmi,

I have heard of BWIA referred to as "Better Wait in the Airport" - After one HORRENDOUS experience with them, I won't fly them again.

Doncaster, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados Flights, excel, bmi,

Sorted,

We are flying with Excel, 2 days in barbados, then flying to St Lucia. Therefore if there is a delay it wont be the end of the world, would have been distraught if Id missed my connecting flight!

Flying with Excels 1st Class so you get an invite to the Airport Lounge so if there is a delay i dont mind too much, dont need to worry about leg room either with 45" pitch seat,

Not a bad deal at £503 Ea! Im not expecting Virgin upper class standards but should be more then adquate for a 8 hr flight

worthing, sussex uk
Level Contributor
169 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados Flights, excel, bmi,

My family and i flew with Excel at Xmas 05 and had no real problems. The flight took off from Gatwick more or less on time and returned pretty well on time too so no complaints there. The planes were ok as were the staff. The real benefit was the price which was half what Virgin were charging: I,d have preferred Virgin but the savings to be had with Excel meant more money to be spent on eating and drinking.

The only negetives with Excel that you should look out for are:

1) Although the flights are billed as direct ours stopped in Manchester briefly to take on more passengers.

2) The flight take off times seem to get adjusted by up to an hour so its wise to keep and eye on this.

Hope this helps.