We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area in Barbados?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best area in Barbados?

Hi

I'm thinking about going to Barbados for my 25th wedding anniversary & was wondering if anyone could tell which areas of the island would be best and maybe a recommendation for a condo apt complex.

we're planning on renting a car so i don't have to be (or really want to be) in the "center of things". I'm looking for a quiet but nice (maybe 3-4 star) property to stay at that's right on the beach. My favorite thing to do is wake up early & walk along the beach so it's important to me that it's a beachfront property. We're not much into nightlife so as long as there are restaurants we can drive to that's all i need. As for the apt i'd love it if i could find a condo in a resort property that has some amenites like poolside bar service or something like that. ( i know, i'm asking for the world :-).

my budget is around 3k give or take & i'll be traveling in mid Novemember.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks so much

Meryl

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area in Barbados?

The best area is relative to many personal preferences, Barbados meets the "best" category in many ways. So in answer to some of your questions.

"I'm looking for a quiet but nice (maybe 3-4 star) property to stay at that's right on the beach. My favorite thing to do is wake up early & walk along the beach so it's important to me that it's a beachfront property. "

Take a look at these condo type places they meet your criteria of a good 3-4 star property, both have beaches.

http://www.coralsandsresort.com/ or http://www.fairmont.com/royalpavilion

"We're not much into nightlife so as long as there are restaurants we can drive to that's all i need. As for the apt i'd love it if i could find a condo in a resort property that has some amenites like poolside bar service or something like that. ( i know, i'm asking for the world :-). my budget is around 3k give or take & i'll be traveling in mid Novemember."

On the left side of the page are “Restaurants” where you will find a whole variety of places and reviews so take a look and see what interests you. tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g147262-Barbados.…

Also on the left side are “Things To Do” with great descriptions tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g147262-Activitie…

You can also put any subject you're interested in, in the search box and you'll find a wealth of information.

Edited: 12 August 2011, 18:34
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area in Barbados?

meryl36

Have a look at the newly opened Ocean Two Resort & Residences. I think this will fit your bill perfectly.

Regards

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area in Barbados?

thanks so much for the quick response.

I guess i wasn't really too clear in my question. what I was really wondering was what part of the island (east coast, west coast or what town specifically) should i look to stay in considering i want a sorta outta the way place to stay? Although i see a lot of condos in "the gap" i'm worried that might be a little to loud for us :-)

thanks again

Meryl

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area in Barbados?

I would also take a look at Oceans 1 and 2

http://barbadosluxurybeachfront.com/

http://www.oceantwobarbados.com/

Sapphire Beach

http://barbadossapphirebeach.com/

White Sands Beach condos

http://wsbvillas.com/

These are all pretty new and very nice - all ocean front and in good areas. Oceans 1 would probably be in the quietest location and the beach there is fabulous.

Oceans 2 is run as a condo hotel so will have a bar by the pool.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area in Barbados?

meryl36

Ocean Two is in St. Lawrence Gap. Condos are along both the west and south coast, but the south coast ones will be cheaper and should fit your budget.

The location of Ocean Two isn't bothersome by noise at all.

Ideally the West Coast would be good, Derricks, Holetown, Sunset Crest.... but, fitting into your budget might be the challenge.

Regards

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area in Barbados?

The Gap is not loud to be honest cetainly during the day, and only maybe gets a bit noisy from around 11pm in a certain area on the Weatern end of the Gap. Oceans 2 is not in the Gap by the way - the island is only 21 miles long by 14 miles wide so nowhere is that far. The south coast tends to be a little less expensive than the west coast hence my suggestions - west coast prices can be through the roof for the same type of accommodation. Beaches on the south coast tend to be wider too. Oceans 1 is off the beaten track on a fab beach and next to Bougainvillea Beach hotel. It is condos but no bar service etc.

Oceans 2 is down a little gap and almost has it's own private beach (although it's not private as that is not allowed in Barbados).

Another place you could look at is Coral sands in Worthing - ocean front on a nice quiet beach and has a restaurant and poolside bar as well.

There's loads to chose from to be honest.

Have you checked out the accommodation on the left of the page?

Edited: 12 August 2011, 19:07
Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best area in Barbados?

sorry about the typos - should say certainly during the day....and Western end of the Gap.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best area in Barbados?

Scary

I guess to be more precise I should've said it's on Dover Beach and the Gap is just a 5-7 minute walk away.

Regards

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best area in Barbados?

Wow, y'all are wonderful getting back to me so quickly with all the great suggestions!!! I'll be spending the rest of the day looking at all the website (instead of what i should be doing...working :-) & hopefully i can make my final decision.

thanks again for all your help & if y'all think of anything else, please let me know. i'll keep checking back

Meryl

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best area in Barbados?

meryl36

I for one and very pleased to see more persons from southern and western parts of the USA taking advantage of AA's DFW flight and coming to Barbados on holiday.

I hope you have a great time.

Also visit www.totallybarbados.com for more detailed info on the island.

Regards