We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

Maidenhead, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

Hi, we are looking to book a 2 week holiday in Barbados in November and can't decide on which hotel is the best all inclusive on the island. We think we have narrowed it down to CC or Waves for our budget but are seeing mixed reviews on which is the best in terms of nice accommodation, good food and nice beach. Any help from those who have experienced either/both would be good.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

Jen459

There is no exact "best all inclusive" in Barbados IMHO. They each have downfalls and highpoints. However, Crystal Cove is the better of the two you've highlighted. You might also want to look at the Mango Bay and Almond Casurina.

Regards

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

Crystal Cove hands down, beach is better and fabulous setting.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

"Best All Inclusive" is elusive as it really depends on personal preferences. However I'd avoid the Almond Hotels right now based on reviews and these two posts.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k47475…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k47479…

There's also a post below about Waves which you might find interesting.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

I have heard good reports on both of these hotels so I don't think you will have a problem with either.

Waves has been recently renovated so you may find it a bit "fresher" although renovations in hotels are normally an ongoing thing. The restaurant at Waves gets very good feedback locally on island.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

Crystal Cove has just been refurbished, it's location and beach are much nicer than Waves. The pool at Waves is situated right by a bus stop on a busy road, however food is good there.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

Devares - not strictly true regarding "the pool being situated by a bus stop on a busy road". Yes ONE of the pools is situated in the front of the hotel but is shielded from the road by a wall and cascading water feature helps block out traffic noise. This pool is great if you want to get out of the sun some of the time and has comfortable loungers. From the road you would never know there was a pool there. The SECOND pool is across the road in the Spa area - adults only allowed here.

I agree - food is VERY GOOD at The Waves as is the staff.

CC is also on the same main road as The Waves, so both good for buses etc. CC being sllightly closer to Holetown and The Waves slightly closer to Bridgetown!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

Fine if you like diesel fumes and noise whilst you are relaxing, if you have under 16s with you they can't use the pool across the road. This is my only gripe with Waves the pool let's it down. I agree from the road you wouldn't know the pool was there but from the pool you certainly know the road is there.

Edited: 21 August 2011, 17:33
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

hi jen - just wanted to give you some insights on my stay at CC (just got home last night). are you traveling with significant other or family? pools are tiny and very limited sitting area, eventhough you cant "reserve" chairs they are all taken by 5/6am b/c people go out and leave their towels on them only to almost never return all day, same for the beach (they absolutely need to address that) and there are really not enough chairs/umbrella's when running at near capacity when we went. restaurant was average at best but really there is only one that just changes its menu daily (reflections). the other place is not really a restaurant but more of a grill. snorkeling - not really, they just hand you the gear and you go right off the beach, they should really incorporate a boat trip to takes you snorkeling like most other AI's do. there were def alot of kids if you are traveling with a family which may be a plus, the rooms were small but they were nice and clean. We were between Mango Bay and CC and we were really disappointed we didnt go to Mango Bay. We also stayed at The Crane while we were there which is not all inclusive and was great. hopefully that helps you out a bit...

9. Re: Crystal Cove or Waves Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 04:15