We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in bridgetown

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
hotels in bridgetown

Hello,

I have fallen in love with this island! looking to travl for my honeymoon in Jan, and I love the idea of strolling around bridgetown at night.

is the island quite small that no matter where i stay i can pop to bridgetown at night>

if not, what hotels would you recommend (with a private terrace) that are close enough to bridgetown

cheers!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in bridgetown

Sammy_Blondes

The island is small, but if you want to be close to Bridgetown, Hilton Barbados and Courtyard By Marriott Bridgetown are two fantastic properties very close to the city which I would recommend. The Marriott in fact was just opened a few months ago and is located in Hastings which is 10 mins from the city centre. Both have private balconies.

Regards

Edited: 21 August 2011, 00:22
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,072 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in bridgetown

Some misconceptions here as it seems you've never been to Barbados. So Bridgetown is a "nice" place to walk around, quaint but nothing really happening.

Honeymoon, congratulations.

Let's start with some simple facts. Do you have a budget? Since Barbados has some really good to excellent restaurants going to an all inclusive hotel isn't recommended.

Do you like nite life?

What sort of activities do you like?

To give you a bit of help go to "Things To Do" on the left side of the page where there 111 activities listed with comments from people who have been there.

Then do the same thing for hotels and restaurants. You have the time to go through them and then come back with a few hotels and activities.

You'll probably also get some recommendations from other posters but really look around and you'll have a much better idea of what's possible for you.

Enjoy

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in bridgetown

There is nothing at all to see/ do in Bridgetown at night except maybe to go to the Waterfront Cafe. If you'd like to stroll to restaurants then you'd be better off staying either in St. Lawrence Gap like Southern Palms (3-4 star), Rostrevor Hotel (2-3 star), Turtle Beach or Almond Casuarina (both all inclusive 3-4 star). Or near or along the south coast boardwalk at maybe Blue Orchid/ Coral Mist (3 star, self catering facilities), Accra Beach Hotel (3-4 star), Southern Surf (2-3 star self- catering). All also close to many eateries and bars.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in bridgetown

There is nothing at all to see/ do in Bridgetown at night except maybe to go to the Waterfront Cafe. If you'd like to stroll to restaurants then you'd be better off staying either in St. Lawrence Gap like Southern Palms (3-4 star), Rostrevor Hotel (2-3 star), Turtle Beach or Almond Casuarina (both all inclusive 3-4 star). Or near or along the south coast boardwalk at maybe Blue Orchid/ Coral Mist (3 star, self catering facilities), Accra Beach Hotel (3-4 star), Southern Surf (2-3 star self- catering). All also close to many eateries and bars.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in bridgetown

InBarbados - I believe I read recently the Waterfront is no longer serving dinner and therefore not open at night any longer.. not sure if this is just summer months or full time

and I agree.. there is nothing about "strolling around Bridgetown at night" that I would endorse. 2nd street in Holetown, or St. Lawrence Gap.. yes..

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in bridgetown

I have to agree you really do not want to be in Bridgetown at night - there is really not much to see or do - St. Lawrence Gap or surrounding area would be far better and is only 20-25 mins drive in traffic from Bridgetown.

What exactly are you looking for from your stay?

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in bridgetown

Oh, I hadn't heard about the Waterront closing for dinner. Well no reason at all to be in Bridgetown at night now I guess. That's a pity as they used to have a couple of nice jazz nights.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,072 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels in bridgetown

When I had lunch there in early July there were signs posted that they were not open for dinner. I believe it's seasonal and things should return to regular hours later on.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels in bridgetown

thankyou so much for all your replies :)

What I am really looking for is a relaxing holiday away from the "spring break" type of nightlife.. no bars or clubs.. just a main road where we can stroll around at night and look at the local shops restaurants and get a feel for the local culture.

Our budget is about £3000 - £3500 GBP including flights (from the UK)... we do not really need a private pool just a pivate terrace where we can sunbathe in private :$

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels in bridgetown

Sammy_Blondes

You're welcome

Somewhere along Highway 7 on the South Coast would suit you well. I would now recommend the Accra Beach Hotel & Spa, Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown in Hastings or Hilton Barbados at Needhams Point. These should fit your bill perfectly based on what you've said.

Do look out for other suggestions as well.

Regards

Edited: 21 August 2011, 11:32