We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking Ban in Barbados.

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking Ban in Barbados.

Hi,

I found a very old thread (2008) about the smoking ban in Barbados. As non-smokers, my husband and I are hopeful that this ban has been enforced. Hopefully at the beach too.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Shannon

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking Ban in Barbados.

It is in force and it covers 'public place' as defined below. This does not include beaches.

a “public place” under the regulations is defined as:

“(a) a building, place, structure or facility that is owned, controlled, managed or occupied by the Crown or a statutory board in Barbados;

(b) place, site, building, factory, plant, wor...k place or other structure that is fully or substantially enclosed;

(c) library, museum, auditorium, historic or other sire of archaeological or national significance to which the public or a member or section of the public has access or is permitted to have access with or without restriction to users and whether or not on payment or by virtue of membership.”

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking Ban in Barbados.

Thank you footychick!

We are coming from Philadelphia and are arriving Saturday!

Cannot wait!

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking Ban in Barbados.

You'll have a great time!

4. Re: Smoking Ban in Barbados.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 22:16