We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redjet Cancels Flights

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,604 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Redjet Cancels Flights

Redjet has cancelled flights due to certain " mechanical" problems, read on.

nationnews.com/articles/…

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Redjet Cancels Flights

They only have 2 aircraft so hardly surprising really considering! Hopefully it works out for them but the government and LIAT just keep throwing obstacles at them and slowing the process down - it's hard for an entrepreneur here to get somewhere without beating his head against a brick wall!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,604 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Redjet Cancels Flights

Seems to be a too common theme these days in a time when the country and others in the Caribbean want more and new sources of revenue. Truly unfortunate.

YYC
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Redjet Cancels Flights

This seems to be purely mechanical and really has nothing to do with the government. I know some governments with financial interest in LIAT were slow to approve Redjet. I agree, when you only operate two planes and mechanical problems do occur even with new aircraft, and no real back up aircraft, delays will happen.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Redjet Cancels Flights

Oh absolutely agree Carriacou ...I agree when you only have 2 aircraft you have only to have one little thing go wrong and that will knock your whole schedule off....the rest was just my gripe lol

5. Re: Redjet Cancels Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 06:17