We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crane L'azure

Ancaster,Canada
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Topic
Crane L'azure

Havent been on this site for a few months. Returning to Barbados for 3 months in the winter 2012. Has the construction been completed on the L'azure esp the outside balcony where you get the great view of the beach below. Need to get my fix of their coconut shrimp.

Bluesea87

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crane L'azure

I visited in late July and work was moving along. I was told that it would be complete by end August! Thats today. I doubt whether that will happen but you should be ok by 2012.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crane L'azure

We will be there and go to the Crane on 15 October. I will post once we see it. You must be getting excited looking forward to another 3 fantastic months in Barbados soon. I'm looking forward to your weekly installments again this year - enjoyed it last year very much.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crane L'azure

Bluesea, Do you plan on doing your weekly installments this year too?

I sure hope so, as I really enjoyed them...you are a great storyteller!!

Ancaster,Canada
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crane L'azure

Oh my gosh. I dont know if I will write it again. I was thinking it would be just a boring repeat of last year. I will probably decide when I get there and let you know.

I hope the L'asure is ready by 2012. LoisInsider when you go if you get a chance see if the coconut shrimp are on the lunch menu. We usually pre-order them a few days before but I thought I saw them on the menu one time. They were the special of the day.

Thanks

Bluesea87

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crane L'azure

I will try to check for you.

Ancaster,Canada
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Crane L'azure

Hello everyone--Just reading through the forum to see how things are doing in Barbados. Getting excited about going for 3 months on Jan 01/12.

LoisInsider--Did you get a chance to go to the Crane? Was the L'Azure restaurant construction finished and were there outside tables at the rail over looking the pink sand beach? Cant wait to get there.

Bluesea 87

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crane L'azure

I hope you are going to write another blog for us!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crane L'azure

I did not get to L'Azure this trip so I cannot comment. Mi would hope it would be completed by the time you visit. This time we went to Zen the night we arrived and it was dark so we did not see much. Must be exciting looking forward to 3 months there again in just a few weeks.

New York
Level Contributor
482 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crane L'azure

We were at L'Azure two weeks ago. It is completed and open in the original location. There is a platform in the center with four tables, so that more tables have a good view of the ocean. The terrace is also open and, since there is no longer access to the beach from the terrace, there is more room for seating. We had lunch there twice and both times the food and service were good.

Ancaster,Canada
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Crane L'azure

Thanks for the update on L'Azure. Sounds like it should be better than before. I am getting ready(packing) for our winter stay and getting excited.

I dont know if I will write another blog like last year but I will proobably check in every other day and give you my view of things.

Thanks

Bluesea87