We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

Cheshire England
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

Hi,

Travelling to Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados on 17th Oct 2011 would welcome any comments on weather, where to eat and resort in general.

Thanks

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

There's loads of info under the search above. I have stayed there many times it's a great hotel on a great beach. The only problem is there is not too much, especially now Pablo Dantes has shut, that is within walking distance at night. During the day you can walk down the beach and into the Gap, go to Happy Days for breakfast, a nice place to eat after a walk down the beach.

Toronto
Level Contributor
12 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

@footychick Does your reply infer that you would not walk to the Gap from BBR

at night? I am going to be staying there with my husband next week and we had thought we would head down to the Gap in the evenings and planned to walk.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

I would not generally recommend to walk it at night although I have a few times. It can take 20 mins at least to the far end where most of the bars are and that walking reasonably briskly. During the day you can walk down the beach which saves a lot of time. You can walk to the top of the road and get one of the local buses that drops you at the entrance of the Gap or get a cab.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

FieldJ62

In terms of the weather be prepared for anything in October. October by record is the rainiest month of the year, but we do get lots of sunshine then as well. Temperatures will hover around 31°C and it'll be fairly humid as well.

For places to eat on the south coast, have a look at:

Champers

Tapas

Just Grillin

Cafe Sol

McBrides

39 Steps

Brown Sugar (Aquatic Gap, Bay Street)

Lighthouse Terrace (Hilton Barbados, superb Caribbean breakfast buffet, wonderful Sunday buffet lunch)

Do take a look at www.totallybarbados.com where you will find a wealth of quality and up-to-date information on the island.

Regards

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

Plan on having a couple meals at Oistens friday night and either thursday or saturday. Also in Oistens is Obskewer Surfer Cafe, great for breakfast. Another great breakfast place is Fish Bones at Yellowbird Hotel in St. Lawrence Gap. Just Grillin is also a great place for meals but a little further away.

You don't need to rent a car when staying at Bougainvillea but it's so much better if you do.

New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

i definately woud not recomend walking it at night... agreeing with footychick

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

the reason for not walking is mainly due to the lack of sidewalks and twisty roads with cars that could be moving along at a good speed if there's less traffic. as suggested, it's just easier to grab a minivan or taxi to get back and forth.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

Also check out Naru -- Asian Fusion with a Caribbean flair - newly reopened at the Shak Shak complex - on the boardwalk and by the water. It will be a fantastic experience.

Cheshire England
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

Hi All,

Thinking of booking a holiday at the Colony Club Hotel Barbados would welcome any comments about the hotel and surrounding area

Thanks

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort BARBADOS

If i were you I would start a new thread so that there is no confusion with the Bougainvillea.