We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Beach or Waves?

London
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle Beach or Waves?

Hi all

I am new to this forum and am planning a trip to Barbados in November (our first time). There will be two adults travelling, I have narrowed my search down to these two hotels, which of these hotels have the nicest beach as I think that will be the decider for us?

Thanks and regards,

Bibliosd.

White Plains
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Beach or Waves?

Turtle Beach gets really good reviews, but in the end, we decided on Waves. The main thing for us was that TB has a kids club, and even though Waves is not adult only, it clearly does not cater to kids. Since this is our first trip without our own children, I would rather not deal with any/many children if I can help it. We also thought the rooms looked great and I liked that there were three restaurants to choose from.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Beach or Waves?

Rather than decide by the beach I think you should decide by the sea if that is a factor. The sea by Turtle Beach can be quite choppy, really good for boogie boarding whereas on the west coast the sea conditions are usually calmer. The beach itself in my opinion is better at Turtle Beach.

London
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Beach or Waves?

Hi both

Thank you so much for your prompt replies. The choppiness of the sea does not really bother me as I am not one to swim in the sea, just like to go in for short intervals and splash around to cool off. What is more important is nice quality sand (not rocks or pebbles) and good sunloungers.

Thanks and regard,

Bibliosd.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle Beach or Waves?

bibliosd

For this pair I'd have to side with Turtle Beach.

Regards

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle Beach or Waves?

They have great loungers at the TB too,

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turtle Beach or Waves?

Depending on recent weather / sea conditions the beach at The Waves can be somewhat narrow. At the same time small rocks and large pebbles can be revealed

The Waves is also a little isolated from other bars/ restaurants /activities ... but is on main bus route to plenty of very nice west coast beaches

IMHO I think you might be more satisfied with Turtle Beach

London
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turtle Beach or Waves?

Hi all

Thank you so much for your replies, it looks like Turtle Beach it is!!!

Kind regards,

Bibliosd.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turtle Beach or Waves?

We had this dilemma recently, and after advice on here chose TBR. No regrets.

Also note Waves resort is split in 2 and divided by a road which didn't appeal to us. The beach at TBR was lovely and the sea was not as bad as some on here led us to believe.

9. Re: Turtle Beach or Waves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 17:15