We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental-wait or book early?

Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental-wait or book early?

We are so excited....heading down to Barbados in January for 11 nights. There will be 6 of us in total, we want to rent a vehicle while we are there but I am not sure if we shoudl wait until we get there or book in advance.

We will likely need a van to fit all of us, do you think we will have any issues getting around the island in a van?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental-wait or book early?

I would book sooner rather than later, especially because you want a van and are going during high season. You really have nothing to loose booking now. I have already booked our car for February. We have rented vans and had no additonal problems with the roads. We use Stoutes and have been very happy with their cars and their customer service. Have a great trip.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental-wait or book early?

I would certainly book and probably now. When we went for New Year a few years back we were told there were no hire cars available the demand was so high, we had one already. I think especially if you need a particular size as in your case I would definitely book ahead. You won't make savings nearer the time as you are going at the height of the season. Have fun!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental-wait or book early?

I am visiting Barbados in January and have already booked a car. As others have said it is peak season and cars and vans will be in high demand.

I use MAH Rentals who are very good. Especially because you want a specific van I would book sooner rather than later just to be sure.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental-wait or book early?

Definitely book now as it's peak season and many places get sold out. Try Stoutes - in my opinion the best. You can find them at:

www.stoutescar.com

5. Re: Car Rental-wait or book early?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 13:15