We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis on New Year's Eve

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis on New Year's Eve

How easy or not is it to get taxis at 2 or 3 am after NYE celebrations in Barbados? It's not always easy here!! I am thinking of doing the Harbour Master cruise but they don't include transport on NYE as they do for other cruises and don't fancy being stranded at Shallow Draught when the cruise has finished. Need to go back to Rockley. Thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis on New Year's Eve

Almatt

My experience is that is has been VERY difficult to get taxis at that hour. For several years when I worked as a waiter I would always have to act as a cab driver after hours to drive guests back to hotels as no taxis were available. I would recommend you make arrangements with a reliable taxi driver adhead of schedule, have them drop you off and tell them specifically what time to return for you. Hopefully you won't have a problem then. But it is typically the busiest night of the year.

Regards

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis on New Year's Eve

Thanks, genetic. I had a feeling that would be the answer. May go for plan B instead!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis on New Year's Eve

Yes I would agree with Genetic - it is very difficult on New Years Eve and definitely book one before hand.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis on New Year's Eve

Thanks Scary - looks like it's best to stay within staggering distance and cruise another night instead.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis on New Year's Eve

lol agreed - however the boat trip on New Years Eve is fab and you see all the fireworks on the west coast.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis on New Year's Eve

Indeed. I wondered to myself why I never did that on New Years Eve before.

7. Re: Taxis on New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 04:18