We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frizzy hair

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Frizzy hair

I wonder if anyone can help. We went to Barbados this year and are returning next but I suffered with frizzy hair from the heat and humidity. Can anyone recommend a product I could buy either here in the UK or in Barbados that would help? I have fine straight hair but it looked like I had stuck my fingers in a plus socket x

albany
Level Contributor
219 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frizzy hair

My wife "suffers" from the same malady while on vacation. I think it looks great on her though.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frizzy hair

Serum can help!!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frizzy hair

I use John Frieda's Frizz-Ease which works for me.

See johnfrieda.com/en-US/…Serums

PS I have NO connection with this company (in case anyone thought I was advertising!).

manchester england
Level Contributor
356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frizzy hair

i can recommend the John Frieda's serum. Too be honest most serums will help. i used the John frieda serum before and was ok.

Jac

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frizzy hair

Rub in a small amount of conditioner after you've towel dried your hair. Then serum on the ends, either let air dry (don't brush it again after you get the tangles out!) or blow dry and straighten 'til completely dry with a ghd or similar straightener. Straightener needs to be either dual voltage or rated for US.

Or simply embrace the frizz!

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Frizzy hair

<--- Wishes he had enough hair to worry about it becoming frizzy.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frizzy hair

This made me think of the 'Friends' episode with Monica and her hair in Barbados v. funny.

chorley
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frizzy hair

Footychick - I thought exactly the same!

My hair goes very frizzy whilst in Barbados and also here at home after a zumba class and my familly call it my 'Monica look'!

I agree with InBarbados - I put on conditioner after towel drying then serum or a treatment. I find it best if I then don't touch it again until its dried naturally.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Frizzy hair

I always use Aussie Miracle Leave In conditioner on wet or part dried hair.

boots.com/en/…

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Frizzy hair

Aaah, a fellow frizzy here!

Is your hair coloured?

My top tips are a 'suntan' lotion for hair. The brand is SP (hairdressers sell it), they do shampoo, conditioner and 'suntan' lotion all with an SPF.

A little bit expensive, but lasts for ages.

Oh and if you can, keep your hair covered, easier said than done I know.

Btw, John Frieda products contain oil, if you use them and use heat, fried hair, not good.

E.