We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

Hi,

I will be in Barbados for 2 weeks in January staying in a private villa in Sunset Crest.

It is my mothers birthday while we are away so was thinking of taking her for a meal at Sandy Lane.

Could anyone please tell me if this is possible if we aren't staying at the hotel? Also any general advice, prices etc, best days to go..

Any help would be much appreciated.

1. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2011, 15:06
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

Yes you can go to Sandy Lane for dinner even if you aren't staying there. L'Acajou is fine dining a la carte and Bajan Blue does fantastic nightly buffets. Neither of the two restaurants are cheap I must advise you. Many buffets run as high as $190 BBD per person.

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

thanks for the reply geneticsniper, not sure what happened to the post before yours??

So do you know if we would have to book, im guessing it would be a good idea? Which would you say is best then, L'Acajou or Bajan Blue? Is Bajan Blue buffet every night then?

Thanks is advance.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

Yes you definitely have to book in advance, my preference is for Bajan Blue. Last I checked they did themed buffets nightly.

sandylane.com/st-james-dining-reservations.p…

001-246-444-2000

Regards

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

thank you so much for your quick reply, much appreciated.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

You're welcome Blondie!

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

sorry to be a pain geneticsniper but is there any evening in particular you could recommend please?

no worries if not, we can go anytime really just wondering if some nights were better than others.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

Blondie,

No problem at all. At the moment they are only doing two themed buffet nights. Tues is the West Indian buffet and Saturday is the south-east asian buffet. I was informed that by January when you visit they'll be doing nightly buffets again. Currently, they do a la carte on the nights where there are no buffets. The current buffet cost is $308 BBD. My recommendation would be for the West Indian Tuesday night.

Regards

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,839 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

As an alternative you could consider The Tides ....IMHO the best food on the island

If you mention it is special occasion they might be able to get you a railside table ....and they will look after you really well

brighton
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandy Lane Restaurant(s)??

Try Cin Cin you wont be disappointed, much better than the Cliff or Tides.

Sandy Lane buffet is over-rated IMHO.