We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's New in the Gap Area?

chicago
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
What's New in the Gap Area?

Haven't been back to Barbados since Dec. 2009...just wondering what has changed in the Gap...heard Cafe Sol and Ship Inn closed down?? Has anyplace moved into Restaurant at South Seas?? I'm curious if this is still the nightlife spot that it used to be....i hope nothing has happened to Pisces.....

thanks for any help

Jay

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

Cafe Sol burned down, closed, but revamped and re-opened in a new location at the entrance to the Gap.

Ship Inn has been sold and is being remodeled to become a slots place with nightclub.

Restaurant at Southsea is now Waterside. Similar concept, but sterile and overpriced IMHO.

There's a new sports bar where Aquspisce used to be. Haven't heard much about it. Doesn't seem to be hugely popular.

Josefs is gone and Apsara Indian/ Thai is moving in.

Flying Fish at Yellow Bird is gone and Opa Greek restaurant is there now.

Bellinis, Pisces, Harlequin and McBrides are all still there.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

Any news yet as to what is going into the old Cafe Sol spot?

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

The old Aquaspice is now a sports bar called Jobus, if you like your sport there are enough tv's to watch them on.There is eating inside and out and i have been told breakfast's are pretty cheap.

Edited: 16 November 2011, 10:51
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

footychick

I saw some construction guys there last week.... should've stopped to enquire. Will do next time I pass through.

Regards

5. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 November 2011, 14:05
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

I quite agree, Cafe Sol isn't what it was before. I visited Cafe Sol on Saturday night and I was completely appalled by the poor service, disinterested staff and particularly the rude hostess. I indicated to the manager that obviously the customer service which was present at the old location burnt down with it. Never again...

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

Went a few weeks ago and it was fine a little over priced but service was good. I hope whatever moves to the old spot is a bar not just food.

Hastings, Barbados
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

just a note to "in barbados" JOBUS in the gap is doing very well.....exteremely busy for breakfast n weekends...taking much away from happy days ,i have been told.they are selling more draft banks than bubba's at this point. i know the owner and he is shocked at how well they are doing..and why not ,with beer at $4.75 and rum the same...they are pretty cheap for the gap...oh ya..the 100 inch HIGH DEFINITION TV is something to view!(it looked incredibly clear ,even in a photo i received. check it out! 3 happy hours a day :)

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

4.75 a beer ! , that is cheap Tim. Definitely will be taking a few visits in January. Looking forward to watching some footy too :-)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's New in the Gap Area?

footychick

Oh yeah, and I forgot utterly overpriced. I normally go there with friends and we'd buy a pitcher of margaritas for $45 BBD. I gave the barman $50 and to my amazement he asked for $6 more. The most ironic thing is, the website still says $45 to this very moment.... suffice to say I wasn't impressed The website all around is very misleading as all the prices are actually $12-$16 higher or so. Not to mention now charging $46 for a chicken burrito.... that can be had for $10 elsewhere in the world. This is not the Cafe Sol of the past with those insane prices.

Regards